Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Entering Canada...Info and links

Message Subject: Entering Canada...Info and links
SpencerBerman
Posted 8/6/2021 5:23 PM (#982905 - in reply to #982461)
Subject: Re: Entering Canada...Info and links

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2021/08/travel-...
-new-public-health-measures-will-come-into-force-affecting-travel-to-canada.html?fbclid=IwAR1tcrFZ2Suh3jD6T7zkzXin_U-ULombSoCiS6I73dQ-_Uh8d8pdQRUMrcA
uh3jD6T7zkzXin_U-ULombSoCiS6I73dQ-_Uh8d8pdQRUMrcA

Here is the update from Canadian Border Services link that updated JUST THIS MORNING. If you read the part about boating and not coming to shore it sure sounds like we are fully except from the border crossing protocol which would be a test and vaccination card. When I called the border services line they confirmed that this is how they are interrupting this new release however sense its only a few hours old they didn't have exact clarification on it.
Angling Oracle
Posted 8/6/2021 5:23 PM (#982906 - in reply to #982900)

OH Musky - 8/6/2021 4:13 PM

Spencer Berman just sent out an email saying the CA waters are open to US boaters starting Aug 9 and no testing or vaccine cards are needed as long as you don’t anchor or hit the shore.

Is this true? Anyone else have that info?

This is what is on the CBSA site still:

Transit through Canadian waters
You currently cannot enter Canadian waters for optional reasons, such as:

touring
sightseeing
pleasure fishing
visits to cottages/vacation homes across the border

You may still navigate through international or Canadian waters while in transit directly from one place outside Canada to another place outside Canada, if the transit is:

direct
continuous/uninterrupted
by the most reasonable route
Transiting through a canal or lock system that requires mooring or anchoring is not an uninterrupted route.

Edited by Angling Oracle 8/6/2021 5:25 PM
SpencerBerman
Posted 8/6/2021 5:35 PM (#982907 - in reply to #982461)

https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/news/2021/08/travel-...
-new-public-health-measures-will-come-into-force-affecting-travel-to-canada.html?fbclid=IwAR1tcrFZ2Suh3jD6T7zkzXin_U-ULombSoCiS6I73dQ-_Uh8d8pdQRUMrcA
uh3jD6T7zkzXin_U-ULombSoCiS6I73dQ-_Uh8d8pdQRUMrcA

Here is the link from Canadian Border Services that updated around noon TODAY. If you read the part about boating and not making landfall it certainly appears we are except from the enter canada protocol. I called border services line and the agent I spoke with said they were the new regulations the same way however sense its only hours old she would say 100% for sure.
Angling Oracle
Posted 8/6/2021 6:41 PM (#982908 - in reply to #982461)

Definitely different - that "innocent passage" section would need some clarification for sure, as seems just a reiteration of the laymans language of the section I quoted of going from point A to B and stopping only as needed for safety. They should clarify whether the things they excluded are now exempt (touring, etc). I note on our west coast there is a lot of confusion on it at the moment which is less to do about fishing and more about folks just mooring and touring on the Canadian side

Edited by Angling Oracle 8/6/2021 6:42 PM
oconesox
Posted 8/6/2021 10:05 PM (#982912 - in reply to #982658)

Good news on strike!! Crossing on Monday for a trip to Eagle!

http://psacunion.ca/fb-group-tentative-agreement-reached-cbsatreasu...
hawkeye9
Posted 8/9/2021 8:36 AM (#982959 - in reply to #982461)

Allow me to interrupt the most recent posts exempt for you who are already literate in "cell-phone vernacular" or those who since my sarcasm.

Edited by hawkeye9 8/9/2021 8:40 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)