Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> so do you think the border will actually open next month?

Message Subject: so do you think the border will actually open next month?
dickP
Posted 7/17/2021 6:50 AM (#982313 - in reply to #982311)
Subject: Re: so do you think the border will actually open next month?

'But it's the principle' is what a friend tells me.OK,fine but no one is trying to take away your 'fundamental truth' which,I guess is that vaccines are bad.Despite a history of saving millions over the years and despite nearly everyone of us having had multiple vaccines since birth.It certainly isn't that anyone is making anyone do something.Don't want the vaccine,don't do it.
Your 'freedom' principle isn't threatened but yet they criticize others exercising their 'freedom'.Brilliant thinking.
As to Canada and the border,they would be #*^@ foolish,IMO,to let anyone in without full vaccination.
kap
Posted 7/17/2021 6:58 AM (#982314 - in reply to #982288)

Kirby Budrow - 7/16/2021 4:27 PM

Actually what’s keeping things down are the liberals with their fear mongering. Not the unvaxed. The unvaxed are wide open living their lives.

is a viirus or a vaccination a politcal issue?
it becomes one if you swallow the propaganda hook
Brian Hoffies
Posted 7/17/2021 7:04 AM (#982315 - in reply to #982310)

mcnewbski - 7/16/2021 10:02 PM

ToddM - 7/16/2021 9:11 PM
This thread will be locked down shortly. Problem is people don't mind their own business vaccinated or not.

One thing these border status threads do, before people blow them up for freedom, is suggest that there's a group of US anglers who have decided to stop fishing muskies in Canada.

It's similar to quitting smoking or watching NFL games. Lots of people talk, some try, few succeed.
raftman
Posted 7/17/2021 7:53 AM (#982316 - in reply to #982315)

To those who want to go to Canada but don’t want to get vaccinated I’m sure there are emerging markets to help you get there.
North of 8
Posted 7/17/2021 9:10 AM (#982318 - in reply to #982316)

raftman - 7/17/2021 7:53 AM

To those who want to go to Canada but don’t want to get vaccinated I’m sure there are emerging markets to help you get there.

Yes, we are a nation of entrepreneurs. Several folks already face criminal charges for producing g fake vaccination certificates.
North of 8
Posted 7/17/2021 9:25 AM (#982319 - in reply to #982313)

dickP - 7/17/2021 6:50 AM

'But it's the principle' is what a friend tells me.OK,fine but no one is trying to take away your 'fundamental truth' which,I guess is that vaccines are bad.Despite a history of saving millions over the years and despite nearly everyone of us having had multiple vaccines since birth.It certainly isn't that anyone is making anyone do something.Don't want the vaccine,don't do it.
Your 'freedom' principle isn't threatened but yet they criticize others exercising their 'freedom'.Brilliant thinking.
As to Canada and the border,they would be #*^@ foolish,IMO,to let anyone in without full vaccination.

That is what Carnival lines thought about cruise passengers and now they are in a legal battle with Florida, which forbids business from asking for proof of vaccination. A sovereign nation doesn't have to deal with that kind of thing
sworrall
Posted 7/17/2021 1:33 PM (#982327 - in reply to #982272)

As I have said several times, we are perfectly free to get the shot, or not get the shot. I made my choice and did so without a lick of concern about what others think about it. That's freedom. Freedom also allows me to totally ignore those who disagree with me, or argue. In this case, my freedom-based choice is the former.

The border will open when the climate up there dictates it should. US folks down here have no say in that. Our combined actions, however, speak volumes.
VMS
Posted 7/17/2021 9:41 PM (#982336 - in reply to #982272)

Hiya!!

I'm praying for the 7th of August so I don't lose my week through the 14th. If it does open that week, anyone want to join me? I need 4 - 5 spots filled... No joke!!

PM Me if you are interested.

Steve
Dave T.
Posted 7/18/2021 3:01 PM (#982352 - in reply to #982272)

hey Stevo, im hoping ya get to go up there, but they are talking mid august at the moment if it happens at all... :/

that would suck to miss it by one week! fingers crossed for ya, we still have an early september reservation we are hoping to fill.

Dave
Clark A
Posted 7/18/2021 5:09 PM (#982354 - in reply to #982272)

Has anyone heard if this possible opening includes the Northwest Territories and if we have the same requirements for entering the U.S.?
mcnewbski
Posted 7/18/2021 8:02 PM (#982358 - in reply to #982354)

Clark A - 7/18/2021 6:09 PM

Has anyone heard if this possible opening includes the Northwest Territories and if we have the same requirements for entering the U.S.?

It would be a federal-level decision which would apply to all provinces and territories, but it would not override provincial/territorial health rules. (in Canada health care is managed by the provinces/territories, individually, not the feds) so you should look into NWT specifics: https://www.gov.nt.ca/covid-19/en/self-isolation-requirements-0
RJ_692
Posted 7/19/2021 7:42 AM (#982363 - in reply to #982272)

i have traveled all over the world and pumped myself full of crap, in most all of those cases it was to protect myself.

it still amazes me that people are willing to take a vaccine to get access to something, and it not being about protecting themselves. that changed in one year, that is amazing to me. here is your fishing vaccine?

I am a Covid 19 survivor. And still have antibodies and not planning on getting vaccine anytime soon. when the time comes i will re access if i think there is a need or not for personal safety. My spot in the CDC data is very low risk.

Canada does not have the Healthcare infrastructure to handle a big outbreak, they hit capacity at very low numbers. It makes sense for them to be very cautious. But as much as the vaccine will help alleviate risk for some the overall treatments that have been developed are continuing to improve so hopefully this helps keep more people safe.

I hope for my Canadian friends that they can get back to business soon. For some its been very difficult.
VMS
Posted 7/19/2021 7:43 AM (#982364 - in reply to #982352)

Dave T. - 7/18/2021 3:01 PM

hey Stevo, im hoping ya get to go up there, but they are talking mid august at the moment if it happens at all... :/

that would suck to miss it by one week! fingers crossed for ya, we still have an early september reservation we are hoping to fill.

Dave

I’m doing everything I can to stay hopeful. Might have to do a quick Labor Day trip for 2 days if that is all I get….

Tommy
Posted 7/19/2021 8:10 AM (#982366 - in reply to #982272)

My trip isn't until August 28th, so I'm feeling pretty hopeful at this point.

But if it remains closed for whatever reason, I'm closing on a cabin on Vermilion in August as well so I've got a long term backup. Hope to be back on LOTW, but I'll deal with whatever happens. Not worth getting worked up over something I have no control over.
Larry Ramsell
Posted 7/19/2021 10:18 AM (#982370 - in reply to #982272)

Anyone remember a little thing like the Polio vaccine? Saved millions from grief. Nuf said.
North of 8
Posted 7/19/2021 10:37 AM (#982371 - in reply to #982370)

Larry Ramsell - 7/19/2021 10:18 AM

Anyone remember a little thing like the Polio vaccine? Saved millions from grief. Nuf said.

Yep, one of my earliest memories was of my mother holding my hand as we walked in line in a high school gym to get our sugar cube with the vaccine on it. I saw my mom cry twice. When her mother died and when we got the vaccine. Had friends my age later in life who had disabilities because of polio pre-vaccine. I don't think many under 70 know how horrible that was for kids.
ToTheWoods
Posted 7/19/2021 10:57 AM (#982373 - in reply to #982287)

Lets see in the last 2 weeks we have 5 Yankee baseball players with Covid whom were "vaccinated" 5 more from the Dem defectors in Texas and more than 100 in the New England area. Not against a vaccine at all just not this one with so many issues and questions about them. Also a vaccine is a variant of the virus that it is meant to fight against. These "vaccines" are synthetic. They were never tested on anyone under the age of 21 or over the age of 55. Not tested on anyone with any type of medical condition what so ever. I will take the 99.8% chance that I can beat it rather than take a % I have zero idea what the short or long term effects will be. Not even 6 months into it we are already seeing many, many issues.
Angling Oracle
Posted 7/19/2021 11:01 AM (#982374 - in reply to #982370)

Larry Ramsell - 7/19/2021 10:18 AM

One of my profs was a bit too late for polio vaccine, so yes, remember it after I asked him what he got his limp from.

You guys should be celebrating, as it will be open soon for sure. Yes, the unvacc'd won't be coming, so more room for the rest. There are more fisher-folks (and muskie fishers) on both sides of the border than before this happened. Make sure to check the Canadian gov't sites for the requirements which will likely be the same as they are now (but no tourists now of course).

Hopefully I can get out for a few day trip before you guys start coming across....

Edited by Angling Oracle 7/19/2021 11:04 AM
horsehunter
Posted 7/19/2021 11:13 AM (#982375 - in reply to #982374)

US numbers seem to be headed in the wrong direction major reason for market sell off today. The fat lady hasn't even started to warm up.
North of 8
Posted 7/19/2021 11:15 AM (#982376 - in reply to #982373)

ToTheWoods - 7/19/2021 10:57 AM

Lets see in the last 2 weeks we have 5 Yankee baseball players with Covid whom were "vaccinated" 5 more from the Dem defectors in Texas and more than 100 in the New England area. Not against a vaccine at all just not this one with so many issues and questions about them. Also a vaccine is a variant of the virus that it is meant to fight against. These "vaccines" are synthetic. They were never tested on anyone under the age of 21 or over the age of 55. Not tested on anyone with any type of medical condition what so ever. I will take the 99.8% chance that I can b

eat it rather than take a % I have zero idea what the short or long term effects will be. Not even 6 months into it we are already seeing many, many issues.

Need to look at data again, vaccines were indeed tested on folks under 21 and over 55. And from the beginning it was stated that the vaccines were 93 to 95% effective, not 100%. Also those who still get infected after vaccination are not getting nearly as sick. Virtually 100% of hospitalizations, which are rising are of the unvaccinated.
Dafterzip
Posted 7/19/2021 12:05 PM (#982380 - in reply to #982272)

we will know more at 1330.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-border-measures-reopening-1....
dfkiii
Posted 7/19/2021 1:23 PM (#982385 - in reply to #982380)

Aug 9 for Americans, Sep 7 for others, just remember to bring your "vaccine passport" and check your "my rights" speech at the border...

Edited by dfkiii 7/19/2021 1:25 PM
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 7/19/2021 2:06 PM (#982388 - in reply to #982272)

So now the Vax question is replacing "What reel is best for 10s"?

I am at the point of my old and crabby hermit living life that if you don't get vaxxed, you don't get a bed in the hospital if vaxxed people need it. There's your Freedom.
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 7/19/2021 2:25 PM (#982391 - in reply to #982373)

Do you know math and percentages? 90% effective means 10% are still going to get it and most likely be symptomatic.

"Beating it" while being symptomatic is what allows the virus to mutate. We, as in humanity, will never beat this virus. Coronaviruses are a robust virus that are widespread and mutate with ease. Which is why Wuhan was studying them, with US and WHO backing at times, most recently with the backing of 45, aka Trump. Freedom as we thought we had will have a toll I fear. You trust science to make your reels, no stretch line, a boat, all your medicines... Give those up too if you don't trust science.
jdsplasher
Posted 7/19/2021 2:34 PM (#982393 - in reply to #982391)

Your Correct, News I received,  the border opens to fully Vaccinated 8/9/21 Apparently the Fat Lady Sung!

JD

Edited by jdsplasher 7/19/2021 3:08 PM
Dave T.
Posted 7/19/2021 2:37 PM (#982394 - in reply to #982364)

VMS - 7/19/2021 7:43 AM

Dave T. - 7/18/2021 3:01 PM

Dave

I’m doing everything I can to stay hopeful. Might have to do a quick Labor Day trip for 2 days if that is all I get….

you're in Steve! just have to go monday the 9th it appears..
North of 8
Posted 7/19/2021 2:38 PM (#982395 - in reply to #982388)

ARmuskyaddict - 7/19/2021 2:06 PM

So now the Vax question is replacing "What reel is best for 10s"?

I am at the point of my old and crabby hermit living life that if you don't get vaxxed, you don't get a bed in the hospital if vaxxed people need it. There's your Freedom.

That would be making people responsible for exercising their freedom. Can't do that in 'merica. Freedom is tossed around all the time but responsibility has gone the way of the dodo bird.
VMS
Posted 7/19/2021 2:46 PM (#982396 - in reply to #982272)

Now I have to find people. Shortened trip for sure but a trip nonetheless!!

I’m serious guys…. I need people!! I have a reservation set…

Pm me
dickP
Posted 7/19/2021 2:54 PM (#982397 - in reply to #982272)

Great news!Hope it holds.
As to vaccines,I'm strongly in favor and had mine.However,I do understand the concern over the new RNA ones and if I wasn't ancient,well honestly not sure what I'd do.Likely wait til full testing is done I think.
Regardless,had it and can't wait!I live for Canadian fishing.
North of 8
Posted 7/19/2021 3:00 PM (#982398 - in reply to #982397)

dickP - 7/19/2021 2:54 PM

Great news!Hope it holds.
As to vaccines,I'm strongly in favor and had mine.However,I do understand the concern over the new RNA ones and if I wasn't ancient,well honestly not sure what I'd do.Likely wait til full testing is done I think.
Regardless,had it and can't wait!I live for Canadian fishing.

I too was somewhat concerned about the RNA process, but heard an extended interview with one of the scientists from Baylor where a lot of the development took place. They have been working on the process for years, starting with a way to combat ebola virus. Really a remarkable achievement, allowing for much quicker and safer response than old method of trial and error with live virus. One of those things that would be next to impossible without modern technology.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)