Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Frank's Custom Rods

Message Subject: Frank's Custom Rods
TECK
Posted 1/12/2004 9:51 AM (#93254)
Subject: Frank's Custom Rods

Steve were are the pictures of the rods? I'm haveing mine shipped home and need one to look at
sworrall
Posted 1/12/2004 10:33 AM (#93257 - in reply to #93254)
Subject: RE: Frank's Custom Rods

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/get-attachment.asp?attachmentid=2261

Not a great shot, but gives an idea of the custom work he does, Very nice sticks.

Luke_Chinewalker
Posted 1/12/2004 11:04 AM (#93260 - in reply to #93257)

Your imagination is about the only limit on the wrap design Frank can produce.  They look great but I like that he will saw off the tip and add length to make one awesome 8ft mag dawg stick.

xllund
Posted 1/13/2004 8:22 AM (#93355 - in reply to #93254)

Hey TECK,

You will love it man. Frank did one for me last year, and I truly cannot say enough about his great work. Top notch!

MeHabeeb
Posted 1/13/2004 8:58 AM (#93362 - in reply to #93254)

I ordered one as well. Can't wait to get it. Thinking about ordering another, anybody want to buy a few slightly used GLoomis Rods?
just_one_more_cast
Posted 1/13/2004 9:46 PM (#93446 - in reply to #93254)

Tom, a couple pictures of some of the rods I had at the Chicago show. Yours is the top one in picture 2. #3 shows it personalized. I will ship it on Thursday via UPS.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Rods_2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rods_2.jpg (83KB - 329 downloads)
just_one_more_cast
Posted 1/13/2004 9:56 PM (#93447 - in reply to #93446)

#3 is attached here

(Rods_3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rods_3.jpg (34KB - 184 downloads)
Slamr
Posted 1/13/2004 10:46 PM (#93454 - in reply to #93254)

I know I've said this before, but I had Frank build me a rod last summer (8'5", 13" handle, heavy enough for a mag dawg, but can still throw a small bucktail) and I would recommend his work to EVERYONE! If you can appreciate the feel of a good rod, need a well-made durable rod, and you want a rod made to YOUR specs, Frank is the man to contact for your next rod. Call it overzealously hyping of a guy I know, but I challenge any of you to purchase a rod of his, giving him YOUR wants and specs for the rod, and tell me why it isnt one of, if not the best rod you've ever owned!

sworrall
Posted 1/14/2004 11:36 AM (#93508 - in reply to #93454)

I guess I will have to get a quote on a 7'4" heavy action for my Wabull, Jerko, and Undertaker tossing. How many monies??
just_one_more_cast
Posted 1/14/2004 11:05 PM (#93617 - in reply to #93508)

Steve

The price would be the same as I had at the Chicago show - $250 plus shipping (and sales tax if delivered in Illinois). Your choice of thread colors, wraps, color of guides/reel seat (gold or chrome to match the reel you will be using) and handle length.

Let me know, I could have it done for the Extreme Muskie Show if you will be in town. I am thinking about doing the show again with Chris from VooDooTails.

I attached another picture of some of the rods I had at the Chicago show.

email [email protected]

Thanks

(Rods_1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Rods_1.jpg (111KB - 166 downloads)
Rich Gallagher
Posted 1/16/2004 3:27 PM (#93814 - in reply to #93254)

Guys,

I'm a little slow on the draw here, but I needed to chime in. 

As a guide on the Chain I have been using Frank's Custom Rods out of Bartlett, IL since I started guiding on the Fox Chain back in 1997.  Many of my customers have had the privlidge of of tossing baits with these "works of art"!  I have lots of Frank's musky sticks in Loomis, St. Croix and other great blanks.  His wraps are completely custom and are truly a work of art.  This coupled with the fact that each rod is serial numbered and written with your name on it along with a hologram of Mr. Musky, make this rod truly an outstanding value.  I even had Frank make some custom spining rods for my kids. These rods are not as expensive as you'd think.  For the price of a good rod purchased via a tackle retailer, Frank can get you into one of his customs rods quite easliy.  He has many options based on your respective budgets!  If anyone needs more info or wants to get in touch with Frank for one of these beauties, just e-mail me and I'll get you his contact information.  It will be the best rod you've ever owned-period and I say that without reservation.  Frank also stands behind every rod he makes so in the unlikely event of a broken rod tip thanks to a car or truck door, Frank can fix it!

:)

kevin
Posted 1/16/2004 3:38 PM (#93816 - in reply to #93254)

So Frank uses a variety of blanks. That is nice, I'll have to dro you a e-mail so I can get some more info.
Rich Gallagher
Posted 1/16/2004 3:52 PM (#93821 - in reply to #93816)

Kevin,

Please do.  My e-mail address is [email protected] or you can contact Frank directly at 630-483-8055.  Tell him the Big Goomba sent you!!

:)

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)