Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> World-Famous or Legendary Muskie “Hotspots” – Part VII

Message Subject: World-Famous or Legendary Muskie “Hotspots” – Part VII
sworrall
Posted 4/2/2021 9:56 AM (#977652)
Subject: World-Famous or Legendary Muskie “Hotspots” – Part VII

by Larry Ramsell, Muskellunge Historian

Where will the next World Record muskie come from? My good friend and fellow author, Bill Hamblin (Billy and I co-wrote a five-year series of “Musky Hunter’s Almanacs” from 1996 thru 2000), believes it will come from Georgian Bay, where he guided for several years. When I started writing this series on muskie “Hotspots”, I reached out to him for multiple reasons, least of which is his vast knowledge of Georgian Bay and the Legendary “Hotspots” he knows and has fished. These facts were borne out to me once again as I re-read his recently published (2015), GREAT book on fishing the Bay and one man’s story of spending “120 Days” of a single season chasing a record muskie there. The cover of his book is a photograph of a point of land in “Blackstone Harbour” (Canadian spelling),so we will have a look there. According to Bill, “The photo features the point off of which Ken O’Brien caught his Canadian record, 65-pound musky. It’s as famous a spot as there is on Georgian Bay.”

READ MORE, CLICK HERE

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(Untitled-13-525x600.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Untitled-13-525x600.jpg (33KB - 525 downloads)
Guzzler
Posted 4/2/2021 12:42 PM (#977654 - in reply to #977652)
Subject: Re: World-Famous or Legendary Muskie “Hotspots” – Part VII

I have to agree... The book, "120 Days" was a great read. I would highly recommend it. I just read it a couple of months ago. If you ever read, "Time on the Water" by Bill Gardner this book had a similar premise. By the way, have any of you ever heard of a book called, "Time on the water II?" It sounds as if there was a 2nd book that Bill Gardner wrote, but I can't find anything about it except a rumor that there was a 2nd book. Have any of you heard of it or read it?
Larry Ramsell
Posted 4/3/2021 9:37 AM (#977664 - in reply to #977652)

Guzzler: What I think you are likely referring to is a 2nd printing of the book with updates by Musky Hunter magazine.
sworrall
Posted 4/13/2021 11:25 AM (#977990 - in reply to #977664)

Larry Ramsell - 4/3/2021 9:37 AM

Guzzler: What I think you are likely referring to is a 2nd printing of the book with updates by Musky Hunter magazine.

Is the book still available?
Larry Ramsell
Posted 4/13/2021 12:37 PM (#977993 - in reply to #977990)

I don't think so, but you would have to check with Steve Heiting at Musky Hunter magazine.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)