Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Dock Usage

Message Subject: Dock Usage
vegas492
Posted 4/12/2021 4:12 PM (#977969 - in reply to #977569)
Subject: Re: Dock Usage

I've got one.
My wife and I were fishing bass in Door County one June day. We fished a couple of piers and this a-hole in a ski boat came within 10 feet of our boat as we were pitching shorelines. He was looking in the water the whole time.
So, now that we noticed him, he was the only boat visible near us, we watched him. He was about three piers behind us and we were moving away. Took him forever to get his ski boat onto his lift. But, he had a giant mansion to go relax in.

So, we kept fishing and found this cool little cove. It had a breakwall in front of it and was protected. And quiet. And full of smallies. So we pulled in there in our boat, hit spot lock and were having fun catching fish.

Then...this same a-hole walks from the shoreline, down the cove and starts yelling at us from shore telling us that we were trespassing. I didn't give him a second thought, all I did was tell him that if he thought so, he should call the police. He said he would, I agreed with him and noted that I have pictures of him trespassing on his neighbors property right now. And that's when it started....

According to him I was the kind of guy who would deer hunt on someone else's stand on public property. I'm not hunter, I don't care, so I ignored him. Then a rock was thrown at us. Not a big one, but a little one. And that got my wife going. Now she's yelling at him about harassing us. So....I called the police.

He's now telling my wife that we need to be careful at the launch, because he could be there and he was going to vandalize our vehicle and trailer before we got there. We both laughed and told him to go for it. (We launched at a launch very far away from where we were at, at least 2 miles away and there were two other launches close to this spot.)

In the meantime, there is a gorgeous house in front of where we are fishing. A woman comes out and she is peeed. She looks at us and says, "You are fine." Looks at him and says, "I don't know you, you are on our land. Get off." He says he "caretakes" their place when they aren't there and he's their neighbor three doors down. She tells him, "So, you've trespassed on not just my property, but my neighbors property, and you've throw a rock at people who were minding their own business. And I heard that comment about vandalizing their cars at the launch. Get. Out. Now"

My wife started laughing and that's when the guy tucked his tail between his legs and left the property. I thanked the owner, and she apologized for the encounter. I did tell her that the police might be coming.

And...we went our separate ways.
I still fish there often.

Edited by vegas492 4/12/2021 4:15 PM
ToddM
Posted 4/12/2021 8:23 PM (#977975 - in reply to #977969)

vegas492 - 4/12/2021 4:12 PM

I've got one.
My wife and I were fishing bass in Door County one June day. We fished a couple of piers and this a-hole in a ski boat came within 10 feet of our boat as we were pitching shorelines. He was looking in the water the whole time.
So, now that we noticed him, he was the only boat visible near us, we watched him. He was about three piers behind us and we were moving away. Took him forever to get his ski boat onto his lift. But, he had a giant mansion to go relax in.

So, we kept fishing and found this cool little cove. It had a breakwall in front of it and was protected. And quiet. And full of smallies. So we pulled in there in our boat, hit spot lock and were having fun catching fish.

Then...this same a-hole walks from the shoreline, down the cove and starts yelling at us from shore telling us that we were trespassing. I didn't give him a second thought, all I did was tell him that if he thought so, he should call the police. He said he would, I agreed with him and noted that I have pictures of him trespassing on his neighbors property right now. And that's when it started....

According to him I was the kind of guy who would deer hunt on someone else's stand on public property. I'm not hunter, I don't care, so I ignored him. Then a rock was thrown at us. Not a big one, but a little one. And that got my wife going. Now she's yelling at him about harassing us. So....I called the police.

He's now telling my wife that we need to be careful at the launch, because he could be there and he was going to vandalize our vehicle and trailer before we got there. We both laughed and told him to go for it. (We launched at a launch very far away from where we were at, at least 2 miles away and there were two other launches close to this spot.)

In the meantime, there is a gorgeous house in front of where we are fishing. A woman comes out and she is peeed. She looks at us and says, "You are fine." Looks at him and says, "I don't know you, you are on our land. Get off." He says he "caretakes" their place when they aren't there and he's their neighbor three doors down. She tells him, "So, you've trespassed on not just my property, but my neighbors property, and you've throw a rock at people who were minding their own business. And I heard that comment about vandalizing their cars at the launch. Get. Out. Now"

My wife started laughing and that's when the guy tucked his tail between his legs and left the property. I thanked the owner, and she apologized for the encounter. I did tell her that the police might be coming.

And...we went our separate ways.
I still fish there often.

There are some interesting man made coves to serve those mansions. They all get fished, often. I would have fished his dock immediately and insulted his manhood frequently.
vegas492
Posted 4/13/2021 9:35 AM (#977985 - in reply to #977975)

There are some interesting man made coves to serve those mansions. They all get fished, often. I would have fished his dock immediately and insulted his manhood frequently.

Well, there is a follow up to the story. I was talking/drinking with some fishing friends up there who know that spot well. And...they knew the guy that harassed us. Even had pictures on their phones of his dock, that's how well known he was.

So, daily, for about two weeks, I would get random pictures from these guys sent to my phone that showed "presents" that they left on his pier and in his boat. Let's just say I hope that the "presents" were canine and human.
Abu7000
Posted 4/13/2021 6:14 PM (#978002 - in reply to #977985)

Well, there is a follow up to the story. I was talking/drinking with some fishing friends up there who know that spot well. And...they knew the guy that harassed us. Even had pictures on their phones of his dock, that's how well known he was.

So, daily, for about two weeks, I would get random pictures from these guys sent to my phone that showed "presents" that they left on his pier and in his boat. Let's just say I hope that the "presents" were canine and human

I don't believe I would brag about your friends.

Edited by Abu7000 4/13/2021 6:16 PM
Abu7000
Posted 4/13/2021 6:16 PM (#978003 - in reply to #978002)

Abu7000 - 4/13/2021 6:14 PM

I don't believe I would brag about your friends.

So, daily, for about two weeks, I would get random pictures from these guys sent to my phone that showed "presents" that they left on his pier and in his boat. Let's just say I hope that the "presents" were canine and human

Edited by Abu7000 4/13/2021 6:18 PM
Shroomskie
Posted 4/13/2021 7:32 PM (#978004 - in reply to #977569)

Winternet has been over for a while you dorks.The ones who needed to, got to toot their own horn here; but really, when has someones dock been an issue? If you've never woke up surrounded by bubbles looking up at the boat you were just in circling looking like a toy up there, somehow swam to the closest dock to run down the shoreline in soaking wet clothes (missing a wallet and a shoe with your pants wrapped around your ankles) to run 3 piesr down to jump in and swim to the boat WITH THE PLUG STILL IN YOUR FINGER.... who really cares?!?
ToddM
Posted 4/13/2021 8:15 PM (#978006 - in reply to #978004)

Shroomskie - 4/13/2021 7:32 PM

Winternet has been over for a while you dorks.The ones who needed to, got to toot their own horn here; but really, when has someones dock been an issue? If you've never woke up surrounded by bubbles looking up at the boat you were just in circling looking like a toy up there, somehow swam to the closest dock to run down the shoreline in soaking wet clothes (missing a wallet and a shoe with your pants wrapped around your ankles) to run 3 piesr down to jump in and swim to the boat WITH THE PLUG STILL IN YOUR FINGER.... who really cares?!?

Do tell us your story!
14ledo81
Posted 4/16/2021 10:49 AM (#978115 - in reply to #978006)

ToddM - 4/13/2021 8:15 PM

Do tell us your story!

He just did....
esoxaddict
Posted 4/16/2021 10:54 AM (#978116 - in reply to #978115)

I've found its best to put the drain plug in BEFORE you launch the boat, and do your best to stay in the boat while its on the water.
sworrall
Posted 4/16/2021 11:35 AM (#978120 - in reply to #978004)

'The ones who needed to, got to toot their own horn here'

That would include you, yes?
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)