Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Ice boot

Message Subject: Ice boot
upnortdave
Posted 12/14/2020 9:56 AM (#972626)
Subject: Ice boot

I'm in the market for some new ice fishing boots. I've owned muck artic sports, that are good but really sloppy on my foot for walking, I have a pair of the old school lacrosse green pac boots that are super warm but again suck for walking long distance. What I'm looking for is a lace up, insulated, water proof boot built for warmth and walking.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 12/14/2020 12:13 PM (#972633 - in reply to #972626)
Subject: Re: Ice boot

Cabelas inferno is what I use. Much warmer than the old lacrosse and have good grip. But the one thing is that they can get a little wet if you're kicking around a lot of slush when drilling holes. Maybe can fix that with some sealing products.
TCESOX
Posted 12/14/2020 4:56 PM (#972645 - in reply to #972626)

I use an old pair of Sorel Dominators. Never been wet and never been cold, in them. However, they are big and clunky. Not the best for covering ground, but great for standing on ice. Might look into those Korkers that Jason Mitchell is pushing. They look pretty light and nimble, and they are made for ice fishing, so should be warm and water proof.
sworrall
Posted 12/16/2020 8:17 AM (#972692 - in reply to #972626)

Sportsman's Guide 2000 gram Thinsulate. I literally live on the ice, and these are good boots. The 2400 gram are a bit heavy but are better for really extreme cold, I use those a couple of times a Winter.

I use one pair of Sabomba Alpaca socks underneath. Buy the boots one size larger than your shoe size.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)