Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> St.Croix River Musky's

Message Subject: St.Croix River Musky's
ToTheWoods
Posted 6/30/2020 12:06 PM (#962897)
Subject: St.Croix River Musky's

Guys grew up on and fished the St. Croix for 40 yrs but really never musky fished the river. Looking for any tips or tricks to help out the learning curve. I have been hearing that the marina's are a place to start but looking for a little more detailed info. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
happy hooker
Posted 6/30/2020 1:35 PM (#962901 - in reply to #962897)
Subject: RE: St.Croix River Musky's

Assume your talking about the Hudson hwy 94 area??,,your best bet is to go over to blue ribbon bait and talk toI the owner Josh Stevenson he knows st Croix muskys has well has anyboby.
Or even hire him for a guide trip and tell him you want to learn the St Croix..

Edited by happy hooker 6/30/2020 1:38 PM
Rob C
Posted 6/30/2020 10:43 PM (#962913 - in reply to #962897)
Subject: Re: St.Croix River Musky's

I agree with Hooker. I have been out with Josh Stevenson from Blue Ribbon on the St. Croix in the past and had an excellent morning on the water. The muskies on the river move around a lot and can be elusive, so any time spent with him will flatten the learning curve substantially.

If for any reason you can't or don't want to hire a guide, then the typical river patterns such as still/slow water near current edges that have lots of bait like shad should work. Don't be afraid to think about current changes not visible to the naked eye either. There are some good points that extend out into the main section of river, the deeper side down stream of those points hold fish.

Good luck!

Edited by Rob C 6/30/2020 11:09 PM
WiscoMusky
Posted 6/30/2020 11:26 PM (#962915 - in reply to #962913)

Afton marina, kinnickinick state park neck down and around Prescott are All pretty good areas.
ToTheWoods
Posted 7/1/2020 6:23 AM (#962918 - in reply to #962897)

Thanks guys. Yes I was talking the Hudson area. I mostly fish walleye on the river but started trying for the musky a little here and there while out. Seeing a lot of fish come up the Apple to the hydro dam I have fished a little north of Stillwater. I'll give Josh a ring. Don't have any problems hiring a guide
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)