Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Cast back

Message Subject: Cast back
jmhalvo
Posted 6/24/2020 9:54 PM (#962659)
Subject: Cast back

What is your best cast-back bait? (last Sept I got one in the net by throwing a white Muskie-sized swim-jig in the direction that the fish went after the follow). Do you keep a cast-back lure at the ready at all times?
AaronTicknor
Posted 6/25/2020 7:35 AM (#962669 - in reply to #962659)
Subject: Re: Cast back

If fishing solo I do or with someone they do depending on the approach. Had luck with white/orange phantom soft tail or black or white shallow bulldawg/medusa.
bbeaupre
Posted 6/25/2020 8:24 AM (#962670 - in reply to #962659)
Subject: RE: Cast back

It all depends; if I get crushed out of nowhere boatside and don't hook up, I circle around normally with same lure. Slow follow or snout push, smaller or more erratic, glide or rubber. Normally try to use more natural colors.
Rob C
Posted 6/25/2020 12:34 PM (#962690 - in reply to #962659)

I always have a cast back rod rigged up. After a follow I toss the same lure I was using back toward where I last saw the fish swim. After that I've found 7 inch senko's like you would use for bass to be pretty good, need to retrieve them like you would a glider on controlled slack. 6" phantoms or regular bulldawgs also work well. If the fish was crazy hot on the bait but didn't commit i'll throw a topraider or big mama twisted sister instead.

If I don't get the fish after a couple cast backs with the new bait I return later during a feeding window like sunrise/set or as my last spot of the day.
chuckski
Posted 6/25/2020 12:55 PM (#962695 - in reply to #962659)

I've had luck with plastics.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)