Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Alaska Lodge Aug 7-15th advice

Message Subject: Alaska Lodge Aug 7-15th advice
goose
Posted 6/23/2020 2:11 PM (#962610)
Subject: Alaska Lodge Aug 7-15th advice

Hey guys, my Dad and I are concerned about the Canadian border not being open or having the quarantine for 14 days once we get there for our annual trip starting 07 Aug. I am looking for a backup plan since this is the only full week a year I get to fish w/ my 82 year old Dad. Can anyone recommend a camp in Alaska where we can get on some salmon and trout. We would prefer casting for them and not troll. Somewhere not on the Kenia peninsula since I have done that before And was looking for a off the grid experience. Any suggestions would be helpful.... Tight lines...
curdmudgeon
Posted 6/24/2020 7:05 PM (#962657 - in reply to #962610)
Subject: Re: Alaska Lodge Aug 7-15th advice

Never been there but I'd check out Dillingham AK for King Salmon, Silver Salmon, Rainbow Trout. 50 min flight from ANC and on Bristol Bay. If you don't want to fish the river, you can access the Wood-Tikchik State Park lakes like legendary Aleknagik Lake.

acquaman
Posted 6/25/2020 12:48 AM (#962664 - in reply to #962610)
Subject: RE: Alaska Lodge Aug 7-15th advice

I fished with a guide in Nenana AK about ten years ago. Not sure of his name. Jet boat trip up the Nenana river and into tributaries. It was amazing. Chinooks and arctic greyling everywhere. Watching the greyling shoot up from 8ft of crystal clear water and inhale dry flies was pretty epic. I didn’t even want to fish for the salmon after that. I think my dad and I must have got 200 of them that day easy. It’s about an hour or so south of fairbanks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)