Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Half a figure 8?

Message Subject: Half a figure 8?
OH Musky
Posted 6/20/2020 12:01 PM (#962508)
Subject: Half a figure 8?

Yesterday, I had a fish (only fish all day) come up under a Lightning Shad. I immediately started my figure 8 but the fish only followed halfway and turned away. I immediately swung the lure back around and the fish came back at it but again only made it halfway thru the figure 8 before turning away. We did this 4 times before it finally lost interest.

Since this is the first time I've had this happen I wasn't sure if it was the fish or if I was did something wrong. Anybody else see this before? I had planned on going back later but by then the place was loaded with ski and wake board boats.
25homes
Posted 6/20/2020 12:21 PM (#962509 - in reply to #962508)
Subject: Re: Half a figure 8?

Sometimes the fish is just chasin or sometimes they might just be chasing your bait out of its area. may have no intentions of eating at all. YOu might have to try something unique on that fish boat side and try and force feed it per sa. maybe you have burn it like crazy right into the eight or something to trigger the fish into an aggression strike more than looking to just eat!!
pklingen
Posted 6/20/2020 2:00 PM (#962512 - in reply to #962508)

have had that happen and also many other things when they lose interest, but also have had many disappear like that then come out of no-where and smash it like its their last meal! crazy fish, ha ha
OH Musky
Posted 6/20/2020 7:17 PM (#962519 - in reply to #962508)

Yeah, they are. And the Uncanny ability to hit when your attention fades for a second.
esoxaddict
Posted 6/20/2020 7:40 PM (#962520 - in reply to #962519)

Had a day like that up in Canada. We raised at least a dozen fish all in the same area. They alll did the same thing - came in hot, some made the first turn, but most of them just kept on going. It got to where we'd turn and look behind the boat to watch them go. "Here comes one! Aaand there it goes..." No idea where they were going, but they were all headed in the same direction.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)