Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Every serious Muskie Fisherman should listen to this!

Message Subject: Every serious Muskie Fisherman should listen to this!
ESOX Maniac
Posted 6/14/2020 9:16 AM (#961295)
Subject: Every serious Muskie Fisherman should listen to this!

It's been a while since I've posted. Listen to one of the best!

https://backlashpodcast.podbean.com/e/episode-63-dick-pearson-part-2...

Have fun!
Al
David_4
Posted 6/14/2020 9:46 AM (#961296 - in reply to #961295)
Subject: Re: Every serious Muskie Fisherman should listen to this!

Reference peeing on the boat, the wife uses a hospital urinal like this. https://www.amazon.com/NOVA-Medical-Products-Male-Urinal/dp/B003U3CJ... Amazon also has a 2 pack for under $6.
OH Musky
Posted 6/14/2020 5:24 PM (#961307 - in reply to #961295)

I wish those that provide podcasts would also provide a transcript. I have a hard time sitting and listening to a podcast. Even though I have it on, I’m generally not paying attention to it (like music in the background). With a transcript, I can breeze thru the bs and concentrate on the meat. Not taking away from those that provide this service (Thank you!) but a transcript would be like closed captioning for tv and videos, which I use a lot. Just my opinion...I will need to listen about peeing in open water. My ex used the aforementioned male hospital urinal container when we fish the Everglades or Lake Okeechobee.
Fishysam
Posted 6/15/2020 9:55 AM (#961323 - in reply to #961295)

I listened the the first couple episodes so now I downloaded the remaining 61 so I can listen when I fish in no reception land.
gruney
Posted 6/15/2020 2:42 PM (#961335 - in reply to #961323)

provided some more color on my thread too...

https://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/board/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=13...
ESOX Maniac
Posted 6/16/2020 10:06 AM (#962359 - in reply to #961295)

gruney, Herbies article is spot on too. Trout water lakes are spectacular fishing if you can break the 10ft break line thought pattern. Try big loud topwaters in 80FOW. Mayfly hatches in deep water at dark & after dark can be spectacular fishing for both muskies and walleye's. Yes, not all mayfies are shallow, the bigger mayflies are typically in 60-80FOW. You can see them on side imaging and down imaging and watch the chaos as they come up to the surface. Think about deep water as having three distinct structure elements, bottom, thermocline (if present), and surface. The fourth element is knowing the forage and its biology.. and what it eats. Muskies grow big and fat on cisco/lake trout lakes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)