Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions

Reply New post
Message Subject: Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions
Cedar
Posted 6/7/2020 9:59 AM (#960960)
Subject: Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions

I didn't want to hijack the other thread about batteries, so I'm looking for opinions from users of the Interstate Dual Purpose AGM batteries. The other thread has some good info/options, but I live in the U.P. of MI, and nothing is close. The closest one of those good options mentioned is over 2 hours away, but I do have an Interstate dealer next door to me. I'm looking at the Dual Purpose 31M-AGM for a starting battery, and to run 2 Helix 7's along with a 698. I'm looking for good or bad opinions from anyone that has/is using this battery. I've started using Interstate batteries in vehicles, and so far they seem to be a pretty solid product, but have no experience with their AGM's. Thanks for any input.
Fishysam
Posted 6/7/2020 8:43 PM (#960982 - in reply to #960960)
Subject: Re: Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions

They are oem on my brand boat and they do not have a good reputation after one year. So I'd say spend your money somewhere else wether it was a lead interstate that will last one year also but cheaper. Or drive to get a real battery and I will say a real battery is worth that drive to me.
BNelson
Posted 6/8/2020 9:19 AM (#961008 - in reply to #960960)

the specs on the 31 AGM interstates are good. AGMs last a long time and are likely made by one of the same manufacturers that makes the Duracell and Farm and fleet Durations. I'd give them a try if the warranty is decent. keep your receipt in case they go bad...
biteson27
Posted 6/8/2020 9:27 AM (#961010 - in reply to #960960)
Subject: RE: Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions

I have 3 interstate 31M-AGM for my trolling motor, 1 for my cranking and 1 for my house battery. No issues and been really happy with them so far.
Cedar
Posted 6/8/2020 7:01 PM (#961051 - in reply to #961010)
Subject: RE: Interstate Dual Purpose AGM Battery Opinions

biteson27 - 6/8/2020 9:27 AM

I have 3 interstate 31M-AGM for my trolling motor, 1 for my cranking and 1 for my house battery. No issues and been really happy with them so far.

biteson27 - How long have you been running them?

Thanks for the input everyone.

Edited by Cedar 6/8/2020 7:02 PM
RLSea
Posted 6/8/2020 9:19 PM (#961056 - in reply to #961008)

BNelson - 6/8/2020 9:19 AM

the specs on the 31 AGM interstates are good. AGMs last a long time and are likely made by one of the same manufacturers that makes the Duracell and Farm and fleet Durations. I'd give them a try if the warranty is decent. keep your receipt in case they go bad...

Interstate Batteries markets batteries originally manufactured by Globe-Union, later a subsidiary of Johnson Controls, which was finally sold to a Canadian company a couple years ago. Farm and Fleet batteries are manufactured by East Penn. Both manufacturers are old, iconic battery manufacturers.
horsehunter
Posted 6/8/2020 9:36 PM (#961060 - in reply to #960960)

The Walmart batteries (at least in Canada ) are made by Johnson Controls one of my boats has 3 that are at least 5 years old and when I load tested them this spring I put them back in. Over the years I've had great luck with the batteries from Walmart. Take care of your batteries and most will last a long time.

Edited by horsehunter 6/8/2020 9:39 PM
sworrall
Posted 6/10/2020 10:04 AM (#961120 - in reply to #961060)

horsehunter - 6/8/2020 9:36 PM

The Walmart batteries (at least in Canada ) are made by Johnson Controls one of my boats has 3 that are at least 5 years old and when I load tested them this spring I put them back in. Over the years I've had great luck with the batteries from Walmart. Take care of your batteries and most will last a long time.

Same here.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)