Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> New Boat Pricing - Margins

Reply New post
Message Subject: New Boat Pricing - Margins
pstrombe
Posted 5/25/2020 7:34 PM (#960330)
Subject: New Boat Pricing - Margins

Friend of my got what I believe was a very nice deal on a Crestliner last fall. After fishing with him a couple times a really liked the set up and made a few dealer inquires regarding 1850 Pro Tiller models. I see Lund lists a $47,000 MSRP on a similar boat but advertises a dealer price of $37,000. Pricing appears to be erratic to say the least. What is the typical margin on these aluminum boats.
Brian Hoffies
Posted 5/26/2020 6:42 AM (#960343 - in reply to #960330)
Subject: Re: New Boat Pricing - Margins

You just have to go and deal face to face. If you want to price on-line & via e-mail you will never know what the bottom dollar is. MAP pricing is what they all use but the accessories & rigging is where you can make your better deals. Remember, a to good to be true deal from a dealer who is broke in 6 months does you no good. A good dealer to support your purchase is better IMO than the best price.
Muskie Gal
Posted 5/26/2020 8:53 AM (#960350 - in reply to #960343)

A good boat does not need dealer support IMO. Out of my two boats never had to go to the dealer for any repairs.
sworrall
Posted 5/26/2020 9:35 AM (#960352 - in reply to #960330)

Selling price is up to the dealer.
Fishysam
Posted 5/27/2020 10:14 AM (#960401 - in reply to #960330)

Sonar, trolling motor and other seemingly similar things can have drastic price changes to a boat, some dealers will sell sonars at cost on a boat to move the boat others want fair value and installation covered. Either way is fine, that is just one possibility
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)