Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Can't See Properly - Help

Reply New post
Message Subject: Can't See Properly - Help
Team_Ryba
Posted 5/18/2020 4:48 PM (#960055)
Subject: Can't See Properly - Help

On the lake that we primarily fish, we have to head westward into the sun at sundown, in order to head back to our cabin. When it's sunny out the glare can really make it difficult to see through the windshield of our Ranger 186 Reata. Sun glasses alone don't seem to help.
Anybody got any solutions or innovative ideas to help resolve this problem?
We would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks,
TR
VMS
Posted 5/18/2020 4:57 PM (#960056 - in reply to #960055)
Subject: Re: Can't See Properly - Help

Hiya,

If you can, stay fishing as sundown is one of the BEST times to be on the water fishing, then head in once it is dark out.

If you cannot, head home early and fish areas close to home...but stay on the water until the sun is down and then stay longer. Some good fishing after sun has hit the horizon.

Steve
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/18/2020 5:04 PM (#960058 - in reply to #960056)

Stay until dark when the fish are biting!
horsehunter
Posted 5/18/2020 5:06 PM (#960059 - in reply to #960055)

That's always been my excuse for coming home late. " I can't see a thing till the sun is below the horizon " Boat will be in a new marina west of home for June July and August (salmon) before taking it east to the Larry for Sept, Oct, November,(muskie ) will have come up with something new for the first 3 months.
Jerry Newman
Posted 5/19/2020 3:35 PM (#960110 - in reply to #960059)

Staying out till after sunset was my first thought as well... that was never an option when I was fishing with my wife because she hates bug spray, and of course nobody likes mosquitoes.

If that's not an option, maybe set up your milk run to be as close as possible to the landing before you have to head in, could also leave a little earlier and troll back.
Team_Ryba
Posted 5/20/2020 4:03 PM (#960146 - in reply to #960055)

When we head westward into the sun, IT IS to hit our prime spots at "Magic Hour" before calling it quits after dark.
I was hoping someone would post a solution to the sun-in-the-eyes problem. ( i.e. a visor or windshield sun block gizmo )
VMS
Posted 5/20/2020 5:56 PM (#960150 - in reply to #960055)

O.k

I know not everyone might be a fan of this, but I do know of some people who will fold their seat down and sit on top of it so their eyes are above the windshield as the cross the lake. With the sun setting, a good baseball cap can do something for you if you lower the bill way down and keep your head down a bit so the visor blocks the sun.

Might not be the greatest solution, but if it is something you have not tried, it might be able to help a touch.

Steve
miket55
Posted 5/21/2020 9:54 AM (#960173 - in reply to #960055)

We used these sunshades in flight... sturdy, totally portable, and can be reused many times. I'd lose one before it "wore out".

https://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/slap-on-sun-visor-extra-large.html
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)