Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> looking for some guidance for Canadian trip

Message Subject: looking for some guidance for Canadian trip
JMacD
Posted 5/15/2020 8:22 AM (#959888)
Subject: looking for some guidance for Canadian trip

Four of us (all in our 60's - 70's) have reservations for an Ontario trip in mid August this year. We're discussing request rescheduling for next year due to safety/health concerns. We have an $800 "non refundable deposit" for this trip that will total over $10,000 not including travel expenses. We won't be requesting a refund, only rescheduling.

Interested in hearing from others as to what we could expect from the outfitter.
We have not contacted them yet.

Thanks in advance.
jboutdoorguy
Posted 5/15/2020 8:37 AM (#959890 - in reply to #959888)
Subject: Re: looking for some guidance for Canadian trip

If I was you I would contact them asap and ask them if its bothering you. If they cannot open until later in the summer they may not be able to afford to turn anyone away. Even if you get others opinions or others experiences with other outfitters it doesn't mean yours will be the same. It will probably be on your mind and bother you until you ask them and get a definite answer so I would get is done with and ask directly. Mid August is a ways out yet. Things could change a lot by then. As areas start to open up we will see if things get as bad as some want us to believe or if it wont be so bad after all. You only live once.
Pepper
Posted 5/15/2020 8:50 AM (#959892 - in reply to #959888)

I understand your concern being of that age myself. I have trip planned for October and plan on going. Plan on going to my trip to Mn in August also. My reasons are that I will be mostly outdoors in a boat and will know who I will be traveling with. I think I have a greater risk of exposure going to the grocery store then I do going to northern Mn or Ontario Sunset Country.
However, if you don’t plan on going best to let your camp owner know and see if he will carry over the deposiit if not you are out $200.00 maybe your piece of mind is worth that Good Luck with your decision
Conservation Guy
Posted 5/15/2020 9:25 AM (#959894 - in reply to #959892)

You should be at relatively low risk if you are able to keep your distance at camp and take precautions. You may actually be at more risk from those you will be traveling with (which should also be relatively small at that time if they are not traveling/living in a hotspot). The summer should see a relatively flat rate of infections. If you were heading up later in the fall/winter, it may be a different question all together. Fishing in Canada is probably one of the least risky things you could be doing right now.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 5/15/2020 11:08 AM (#959906 - in reply to #959888)

You're more of a risk spreading it to other people in Ontario where there is a low infection rate than actually contracting it from them.

Edited by Kirby Budrow 5/15/2020 12:09 PM
IAJustin
Posted 5/15/2020 12:07 PM (#959912 - in reply to #959888)

Kirby has a good point..If the camps are open and you are all healthy I'd plan on going without hesitation..that's just me...- highly doubt this virus is "gone" next year, every day we are closer to meeting the maker, with or without a virus, so enjoy the time while you can.
kdawg
Posted 5/15/2020 12:09 PM (#959913 - in reply to #959888)
Subject: RE: looking for some guidance for Canadian trip

Don't pay to much attention about the Canadian economy, but just out of curiosity, what type of stimulus spending, if any, is going on to help struggling businesses and families north of the border? Kdawg
Clark A
Posted 5/15/2020 3:56 PM (#959924 - in reply to #959888)

I was informed today Plummer's in the NWT will not open this year. The Northwest Territories and Nunvut are closed. I sure hope I can get into Ontario for a week this summer!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)