Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> WI Supreme Court Rules

Message Subject: WI Supreme Court Rules
RLSea
Posted 5/17/2020 9:41 PM (#960006 - in reply to #959820)
Subject: Re: WI Supreme Court Rules

Of course the problem here is, being a novel virus, we don’t REALLY know who needs protecting. I’m sure that some of the victims felt like they needed no protection. No mistake, the goal is to protect everyone. In some ways it IS an experiment in that strategies are being modified on the go. This is truly uncharted water. I will trust the numbers the science community gives us. Some of the counted victims had overriding issues that may have had more to do with their end than the virus. However there were so many deaths in the early days of New York City’s nightmare, the National Guard had to help an overwhelmed health department retrieve bodies from private residences. Those people were not hospitalized, tested or counted. Many ended up at Hart’s Island, the city’s potter’s field. The economic distress is real. Our country needs to be working. But I wouldn’t want to be the one making the decision knowing many people will be playing Russian roulette with this virus.

Edited by RLSea 5/17/2020 9:57 PM
ToddM
Posted 5/17/2020 10:24 PM (#960009 - in reply to #959820)
Subject: Re: WI Supreme Court Rules

You also have to wonder if this lifting of restrictions backfires that it might delay the opening of the Canadian border.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)