Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Canadian Border

Message Subject: Canadian Border
North of 8
Posted 5/9/2020 7:30 AM (#959605 - in reply to #959602)
Subject: Re: Canadian Border

dickP - 5/9/2020 7:03 AM

https://globalnews.ca/news/6799110/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-retu...

I was supposed to go to Alaska the end of June to help my brother in law with river set net fishing for salmon off of Bristol Bay. He called Wed. night and canceled. In part because of Covid-19 concerns. We had pretty well worked out how we would all safely travel to the remote village, and then it would just be four of us in a remote cabin. But, the big commercial operations bring in over a thousand workers just for the processing plants and that does not include the hundreds of fisherman that come to work the boats in the bay and river fishery. The local medical folks say they could easily be overwhelmed. My brother in law was concerned that after investing in everything from food to gear, an outbreak among the fleet or processing workers could cause a cancellation of the fishery and just getting out could become a nightmare. I love Alaska and was really looking forward to the adventure but now I am hoping for a vaccine and just have to keep working out so I can do the work next year (fingers crossed). The big Copper River fishery is gearing up and got off to a bad start when one of the guys coming to prep a processing facility traveled to little Cordova this week and was diagnosed with Covid-19 shortly after arriving.
horsehunter
Posted 5/9/2020 8:06 AM (#959607 - in reply to #958177)
Subject: Re: Canadian Border

Link not working
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)