Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Electronics Wiriing ????

Reply New post
Message Subject: Electronics Wiriing ????
Cabbage Patch
Posted 4/10/2020 8:25 PM (#957501)
Subject: Electronics Wiriing ????

Trying to wire two 4 pin rocker switches for a agar in 93 uhd and the Livescope box. I ran 10 gauge wire from the back battery to the front.
When I hook up the two hot wires to one of the rockers it lights up however when I hook up the out leads it does not power up the unit.

I have watched you tube videos and I must be missing something. I would like to power both rockers with with the one set of hot leads. Any thoughts????
Fishysam
Posted 4/11/2020 7:09 AM (#957513 - in reply to #957501)
Subject: Re: Electronics Wiriing ????

Why would you want two switches when you want one switch to do the work? Extra places to have failure. I would say that you are making things more complicated for no reason.
Cabbage Patch
Posted 4/11/2020 7:46 AM (#957516 - in reply to #957513)

One switch is for the Livescope box which would always be powered and therefore draw from the battery. The other switch could be eliminated I guess and just use the on/off on the unit. I figured if I’m putting one why not two.
kjgmh
Posted 4/11/2020 8:28 AM (#957521 - in reply to #957501)

Do you have the ground from the unit hooked up properly? Also make sure that the circuit is fused.
Jerry Newman
Posted 4/11/2020 10:02 AM (#957526 - in reply to #957521)

Agree check the ground. However, I'm also a little confused... why not just have one switch for all components, including the Livescope box?

I have a one switch on my dash that powers a dedicated fuse block for my electronics, if I don't want a particular unit on, I just power down at the unit. I was told that it's best to power down at the unit, rather than cut the power while they are still on with a switch.
Cabbage Patch
Posted 4/11/2020 8:32 PM (#957554 - in reply to #957501)
Subject: RE: Electronics Wiriing ????

Yep the ground was the issue. Asked the guy at marine supply and drew a diagram and done deal.
Cabbage Patch
Posted 4/12/2020 8:28 AM (#957603 - in reply to #957526)

Jerry Newman - 4/11/2020 10:02 AM

Agree check the ground. However, I'm also a little confused... why not just have one switch for all components, including the Livescope box?

I have a one switch on my dash that powers a dedicated fuse block for my electronics, if I don't want a particular unit on, I just power down at the unit. I was told that it's best to power down at the unit, rather than cut the power while they are still on with a switch.

The main reason is that the Livescope black box will always draw power if connected to a continuous power source so. When I power on the Echomap I may not want to use Livescope so seoerate switch for Livescope would be needed.
pklingen
Posted 4/12/2020 5:56 PM (#957670 - in reply to #957501)

this may be a bird thing but i was instructed to always power the unit down with the power button on the unit and NOT the switch that gives the unit power. shut the switch off after the unit shuts down with the power button.
jchiggins
Posted 4/12/2020 7:10 PM (#957677 - in reply to #957670)

pklingen - 4/12/2020 5:56 PM

this may be a bird thing but i was instructed to always power the unit down with the power button on the unit and NOT the switch that gives the unit power. shut the switch off after the unit shuts down with the power button.
Correct. Treat it like any computer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)