Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Illinois DNR parks and Lakes Closed!

Message Subject: Illinois DNR parks and Lakes Closed!
Lightning
Posted 3/15/2020 6:54 PM (#955971)
Subject: Illinois DNR parks and Lakes Closed!

Coronavirus has closed our State parks and Lakes run by Illinois DNR. They must really want people to stay home. 
Pepper
Posted 3/15/2020 7:08 PM (#955973 - in reply to #955971)
Subject: Re: Illinois DNR parks and Lakes Closed!

That is over the top. Can you still go out into your back yard?
RLSea
Posted 3/15/2020 8:49 PM (#955978 - in reply to #955971)
Subject: RE: Illinois DNR parks and Lakes Closed!

Lightning - 3/15/2020 6:54 PM

Coronavirus has closed our State parks and Lakes run by Illinois DNR. They must really want people to stay home. 

This stinks...
I hope this doesn't last long.
ToddM
Posted 3/15/2020 10:40 PM (#955983 - in reply to #955971)

1000 dead from this virus in northern Italy, in a week. As people have said here before better to be too safe than too sorry
esox109
Posted 3/16/2020 6:16 AM (#955985 - in reply to #955971)

Just remember there are plenty of lakes NOT owned by the state and tho you may have to adjust species preference there is still plenty of rod bending action to be had right now. Yesterday I went out to small lake by my house and caught beautiful bass and bluegills. If you look closer there are many musky lakes in the state that are not state owned and can be fished if you must musky fish only. Sometimes a little road trip can do you good. Oh and I didn't see one single person near the lake I fished sooooo...Again I quarantined myself to the lake and had social distance from everyone but the fish and the trees. Muahaha
North of 8
Posted 3/16/2020 7:04 AM (#955987 - in reply to #955985)

If you want to see the difference between caution and life as normal, do a search about how during the 1918 flu epidemic Philadelphia went ahead with a big parade to promote war bond sales attended by over 100,000. St Louis at the same time cancelled thier scheduled parade. The result was that in Philadelphia 1,000s got sick and died, completely overwhelmed thier medical facilities. St. Louis had very few cases. Not sure whether parks need to be closed in March, would not think they would have crowds, but I do understand the concern
szczochu13
Posted 3/16/2020 3:53 PM (#956018 - in reply to #955987)

County parks remain open.
chasintails
Posted 3/18/2020 2:44 PM (#956133 - in reply to #955971)

Absolutely Crazy. Thank God I live far enough from the city where I still have a nice yard and things to do around the house. I couldn't imagine being locked up like a rat in a cage. Who will be the first to be ticketed for trespassing on state owned land? Its still We the people right?
szczochu13
Posted 3/21/2020 1:36 AM (#956228 - in reply to #956133)

Yes indeed. I hope they don't close state borders. Made reservations for a week trip on White Birch/Ballard/Irving a month ago for early June. I'm gonna go bananas if they do. To make things a little bit more interesting, just found out that even if state of Illinois tells you to stay home I have to keep coming to work because we produce parts for medical field. Even got the letter which permits me to travel to work without any legal consequences. I spoke to my father two weeks ago, and told him that they'll let you die before you'll get any compensation for taking time off. Of course I can stay home with no reimbursement but unfortunately those pesky bills keep me busy. Have a friend which works corporate at Tmobile and starting last Monday every worker is on paid time off. So is it possible? Yes. Necessary? Of course not. There is enough smart people to beat that mother but too bad they always have to fix mistakes of incompetent ****..s who unfortunately are at power.

Edited by szczochu13 3/21/2020 2:34 AM
szczochu13
Posted 3/21/2020 3:02 AM (#956229 - in reply to #956228)

Actually we have to increase production. Good excuse to make more money. Unreal. Sooo peees me off. Sorry had to let it out. Would like to hear your experience.

Edited by szczochu13 3/21/2020 3:04 AM
esox109
Posted 3/21/2020 3:38 AM (#956230 - in reply to #955971)

A travel permit? Really? I know they don't want us to go the way of Italy and I understand but it sure is sobering to see how quickly freedoms can go bye bye even in the USA. Wait I'm still in the USA right? All employers are probably going to install nets outside your buildings windows to catch jumpers just like in that country that wants to swoop in and buy some of our businesses that may be failing soon. Nonsense you say? Look up EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program and think about it just a little bit. Companies sure will be cheap. I have until 5pm Saturday evening to make it to Minnesota via Wisconsin border and freedom!!! Ride like the wind....Run Forest runnnnn. Oh crap wait did you say even the state borders might all close? Son Of A B%TCH!!!
szczochu13
Posted 3/21/2020 4:44 AM (#956231 - in reply to #956230)

Chinese virus. Saw it on the news. I would be careful weighing the words as it might turn out that those trying to buy out our businesses have the solution to the problem. In fact first country to have a day without a new case. Still amazes me how some people are so attached to the imaginary lines on the map ,unless they can stop the spread. And let me remind you where the decision of installing the nets came from(probably the Guru himself). I just want to see the face of the individual who handed out those letters, I would take a picture and post it but afraid of legal action and my job of course, when one of the many elderly coworkers gets infected and suffocates to death and before infects hundreds or most likely thousands of other people. No need for Eb-5 or whatever it's called. Look up the list of graduates from for example University of Illinois and most of the prime universities and you'll see that there is no need for any paperwork as long as you have a hefty bank account. But it is very hard to convince anyone who is so blindly set on boundaries and for some reason puts him/herself above the others. Unfortunately the thing we're dealing with is blind to such assumptions.

Edited by szczochu13 3/21/2020 5:31 AM
esox109
Posted 3/21/2020 11:02 AM (#956238 - in reply to #955971)

I could throw you a bucktail right now cuz you're ready to eat! Ease up there fella and have fun at work.
szczochu13
Posted 3/21/2020 11:51 AM (#956242 - in reply to #956238)

Yeah we'll be fine I guess. I just really need vacation and I doubt that catching or spreading the virus is more possible fishing in a fairly low populated Vilas county comparing to Chicago area for example. Stay safe.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)