Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Javelin build quality?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Javelin build quality?
Alumacraft89
Posted 2/29/2020 2:13 PM (#955272)
Subject: Javelin build quality?

Did javelin ever make a wood free boat ? Or do they all have wood stringers and transoms ? I’ve seen some good deals on venoms they seem like lots of boat for the money.
bturg
Posted 2/29/2020 6:23 PM (#955280 - in reply to #955272)
Subject: Re: Javelin build quality?

You'll have to check for rot as they all had wood stringers. Decent boats though I had a couple of the bass boats.
sworrall
Posted 3/1/2020 8:18 AM (#955289 - in reply to #955272)

Well built boats.
bturg
Posted 3/3/2020 10:45 PM (#955394 - in reply to #955272)

And Fast !
slammer1!
Posted 3/15/2020 11:09 AM (#955955 - in reply to #955272)
Subject: RE: Javelin build quality?

All of the venom series we're "composite construction" no wood in transom. Great boats but kind of finicky to setup because of the hull design and rear pad. Some love to chine walk at higher speeds!
Cedar
Posted 3/16/2020 7:55 AM (#955989 - in reply to #955272)
Subject: RE: Javelin build quality?

I believe the later model years (maybe the last 2-3 before being shut down), were made without wood. I have a 370A Multi Species (renamed Venom 18 for the last few years of production), and is great to fish from. Mine has plywood sandwiched in between fiberglass on the cap, but cannot say for sure on the transom, as I haven't had to drill there. The handling is also impressive, and very stable at speed. Javelins are known for their toughness, handling, and overall build quality. I couldn't be happier with mine, and would definitely recommend the brand to anyone looking. They are not as well known as other brands, so typically don't have an over the top price tag associated with them. If you are considering one, I'd recommend joining the Javelin Bass Boats Facebook group. A lot of good knowledgeable people there willing to share info, and experience. Can probably find answers to any questions you may have on a specific model there. PM me if you have any other questions on them.

Edited by Cedar 3/16/2020 7:58 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)