Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Replacing Cockpit carpet in a Smokercraft ideas

Reply New post
Message Subject: Replacing Cockpit carpet in a Smokercraft ideas
GFishes
Posted 1/14/2020 10:47 PM (#952543)
Subject: Replacing Cockpit carpet in a Smokercraft ideas

I’m looking to replace some, but not all of the carpet in my 04 pro angler 171. The main floor in the cockpit area is pretty beat up and not fully attached to the floor. The guy I bought from must have never heard of an ash tray...

I’m wondering what I’m getting into with just the cockpit floor? Are the boards easily removed? I have seen some good step by step stuff on this site and I know I will learn as I go. I was just wondering if anyone has experience or ideas with this or a similar boat so I can save some headache or catch a new idea.

I originally planned to replace this section with some marine vinyl type floor in a similar color to the existing carpet. I do not think I have any rot issues in the decking. I like the idea of marine vinyl due to how much quicker it dries. I have another boat in the family with it and I do realize that it can be more slippery. I know there are some other non carpet options out there but I do not have experience with them. Any thought on a sea deck type floor? Can that stuff even be applied to wood? Any preferred adhesive if I go vinyl?
Thanks.

Edited by GFishes 1/15/2020 7:58 AM
7ovr50
Posted 1/15/2020 7:14 AM (#952547 - in reply to #952543)
Subject: Re: Replacing Cockpit carpet in a 04 Smokercraft ideas

Sea Deck is great. I work with charter boats on the Great Lakes and several captains use it. Four years after installation it show little wear. This boat runs 100 trips a season with 400 to 500 people trampling the deck each year. I wish I had it in my boat!
GFishes
Posted 1/15/2020 7:49 AM (#952550 - in reply to #952547)
Subject: Re: Replacing Cockpit carpet in a 04 Smokercraft ideas

Anyone have experience applying it to old wood? I'm reading that it needs to be a really clean surface if put on wood. All the DIY projects I'm seeing using this stuff is on glass boats. I really like the look of it though. It looks like there are some knock off brands of the material as well.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)