Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Lowrance Ghost TM

Reply New post
Message Subject: Lowrance Ghost TM
Slamr
Posted 1/10/2020 2:46 PM (#952263)
Subject: Lowrance Ghost TM

anyone try one or be in a boat where it was in use?

Intriguing piece of equipment.
dbach17
Posted 1/10/2020 3:46 PM (#952265 - in reply to #952263)
Subject: RE: Lowrance Ghost TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_Ztt4_jnc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AppbA3glA68

Above are a couple comparison video between Garmin and Lowrance new trolling motors.

After being in a boat with the Ghost, it simply confirmed my move to Garmin this fall. My overall impressions were it was very solid, but Garmin was the easy winner in my opinion.
Chasin Giants
Posted 1/18/2020 8:28 AM (#952718 - in reply to #952263)
Subject: Re: Lowrance Ghost TM

I have been reading, watching videos, and researching these two motors since there was a inkling of a possible release. I have watched both videos and i must say that after I watched those videos I was leaning towards the Garmin because the videos both make the Garmin look like a better choice. The reason why I did not buy the force was I have lowrance units and I decided I did not want to buy new fish finders. So I decided to roll the dice with the lowrance ghost.
I have installed the ghost and got to take it out for two days and use it. All I can say is plain and simple “It exceeded my expectations”. The two things that the video made me nervous on the ghost was the pull test RMP did and the noise from the other video.
Well after my short time on the water I can say a few things that I observed. First is very very quiet on the prop. The motor in the head that turns the shaft makes a little whiny noise but that is what I expected (honestly not that bad) Second is the whole speed thing. I love the way this speed and acceleration works. It seems to have a soft start, but after you get moving it really gets going. I hit 4.8 mph top speed at 24v with two new group 27 battery’s. My boat is a 1756 G3 CCJ loaded with gear and 2 adults and 1 early teen. I was shocked on how fast it went.
The stow and deploy is almost effortless. The piston takes so much weight away.
The petal is awesome and so is the steering.
Well built, very sturdy.
Now here are the things I do not like.
The motor was released too early.
There is no communication between the motor and hds units. Software update will fix the issue in the first quarter of 2020 per lowrance support.
No remote comes with it. You have to buy it for an extra $100 if you want it plus is not even available yet. Q1 2020
It comes with downscan not a sidescan transducer. Sidescan Transducer is not available yet.
Cannot find a spare prop. Spoke with support and they are not available yet.

Overall I feel when all the software bugs are worked out and accessories are available would be the right time to buy. Buying it now may leave a bad taste in your mouth for $3k because Hds functions, power pole functions, and the foot pedal button programming are not incorporated yet until software update is released. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)