Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Garmin set up?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Garmin set up?
Cabbage Patch
Posted 12/26/2019 7:31 PM (#951613)
Subject: Garmin set up?

Anyone run all garmin units? How do they compare to hbirds. Thinking of garmin up front and bird in the back. Hummingbird helix 10 si+ and garmin trolling motor with ECHOMAP plus 93sv with live scope in the front. Or go all garmin.
dbach17
Posted 12/27/2019 10:26 AM (#951623 - in reply to #951613)
Subject: RE: Garmin set up?

I absolutely love my new Garmin setup:

10" and 12" Echomap Ultras
LVS32 Panoptix Livescope
57" Force Trolling Motor

What I did was, rather than spend the money on a dedicated unit at the bow or console, I went with the Ultras because they have the quick release gimbles that you don't have to change any of the wires out on. From there, I put a 10" and 12" mount at the console. When I'm driving, I can keep both there, particularly when I'm trolling. I also mounted a 12" bracket at the bow. In order to use everything without having to worry about what's plugged in where, I got the network port expander. For that, I hook the LVS32 transducer and all three of the mounts in via the network cable. Now I don't have to pull cables and change them when I want to move the units. The cost of that to keep the top of the line unit up front is way less than buying an entire unit or even a Plus 93. Now, all I have to do is move one up front or to the console depending on what I'm doing when.

The trolling motor is fantastic. I had the Xi5 in order to utilize the routing, and the fact that I don't have to use any networking cables to the units is wonderful. Wireless connection and so far (even though only for a short period) everything has been great. I will also say that it is by far the most powerful trolling motor I have used in a 24v system. I'm actually considering trying to sneak another battery on somewhere so that I could get somewhere around 4.5 mph on it. And although the gesture control seems kind of gimmicky, it's been great for me. When fishing out of the back of the boat I don't have to see where the head is pointing, I just point the remote and it takes me where I want. Awesome when there's a person in the front. Combine that with the LVS32 transducer on the motor and I can just point at where I want to see the live sonar.

Personally, the live sonar is where it's at, so the decision was easy for me. The new transducer that Garmin has is pretty much equal to Lowrance, and while it's still not MEGA, I'd rather see what's in front of me. Combine all that with Garmin still being the "cheapest" when looking at the highest end setups and it wasn't a contest in my opinion.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)