Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Hansons King Island Lodge - LOTW

Message Subject: Hansons King Island Lodge - LOTW
H2O
Posted 12/13/2019 6:27 AM (#950980)
Subject: Hansons King Island Lodge - LOTW

Looking for some info on Hansons King Island Lodge on LOTW - Sab. Bay area. Having a hard time finding many reviews one way or another. Havent been to LOTW for several years (had stayed closer to Nestor Falls), the kids are now older, and want to make the trip with them this summer. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Rob

mikie
Posted 12/13/2019 11:12 AM (#951007 - in reply to #950980)
Subject: Re: Hansons King Island Lodge - LOTW

When we stayed at Sabaskong Bay Resort on nearby Cedar Island (back in the day), we fished a bit around King Island. Some real interesting reefs nearby as I recall. It looked like a pretty good place from what I could see, about the same advantages and disadvantages as any island outpost in that you can't drink the tap water and they make their own power. You would be not-far from some good fishing. m
MuskyMidget
Posted 12/16/2019 9:19 AM (#951145 - in reply to #950980)
Subject: RE: Hansons King Island Lodge - LOTW

I stayed there with my wife 4 years ago. We had this awesome little log cabin right on the water.

Donna and Adrian (Donna's daughter's boyfriend at the time) ran the camp all by themselves. The service was awesome. I've stayed at 6 resorts on LOTW and these 2 treated us better than I have even been treated at any other resort.

We were only there for 3 or 4 nights, so we chose to have dinner in the resort rather than cook ourselves. Donna is a great cook!

That area for me musky fishing was new to me as I am used to the NW Angle and north, so our success rate wasn't the greatest, but we had a great time.

Midge
Dafterzip
Posted 12/26/2019 11:04 AM (#951599 - in reply to #950980)

I have stayed there 4 of the last 5 years, Donna is a great hostess. The cabins are clean and well maintained. I only did the housekeeping plan as I traveled solo. I would continue to stay there on LotW. I missed this year as I explored Lake Nipeeing. The fishing has always been good, I am still in search of my 50 but there are certainly nice fish in that area.

Edited by Dafterzip 12/26/2019 11:10 AM
Dafterzip
Posted 12/26/2019 11:11 AM (#951600 - in reply to #950980)

Not sure why the edit feature isn't working, but last year I stayed at Lake Nipeeing
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)