Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> PA Muskie Fishing

Message Subject: PA Muskie Fishing
Muskyhunter10
Posted 12/11/2019 12:02 PM (#950868)
Subject: PA Muskie Fishing

Hey guys,
So I am a student at Penn State and am wondering if there are any muskie waters worth fishing near State College. I go back home to Minnesota next week and want to bring some of my gear back if possible. I would be shore fishing as I don't have a boat and I have never river fished or done much shore fishing in general before. Any insight would be awesome!
nar160
Posted 12/17/2019 12:52 PM (#951217 - in reply to #950868)
Subject: Re: PA Muskie Fishing

Don't know the status of the fisheries, but Glendale and Raystown have muskies in them. The Juniata and Susquehanna do too, but I don't know which sections or how good the density is. You might try search forums, the local DNR website, and Muskies Inc Lunge Log for some further info.

BTW, boat rentals are available on Glendale and Raystown and they are pretty reasonable.

Add on - the Allegheny Reservoir isn't too far away either. That, below the dam, is very fishable from shore. Maybe not an evening trip after class, but could be a weekend day trip.

Edited by nar160 12/17/2019 12:58 PM
PamuskEhunt
Posted 12/18/2019 1:40 PM (#951292 - in reply to #950868)
Subject: Re: PA Muskie Fishing

Check out the Nittany Valley Chapter of Muskies Inc. They hold their meetings in Port Matilda I believe. If you ever make your way 3 hours west, you're more than welcome in this alums boat.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)