Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Garmin Livescope

Reply New post
Message Subject: Garmin Livescope
Cabbage Patch
Posted 12/8/2019 4:39 PM (#950748)
Subject: Garmin Livescope

Looking to replace / refresh my bow setup. I am leaning towards a Garmin echo map and the livescope set up. Anybody using this set up with a Terrova us2?

I just purchased a helix 10 g3n for the console.
Fishysam
Posted 12/10/2019 8:21 AM (#950786 - in reply to #950748)
Subject: Re: Garmin Livescope

It would be hard to mount on a terrova. I don't care for detaching face plate leaving the cradle on the boat design so I would go up to a gps map option.
dbach17
Posted 12/12/2019 9:20 AM (#950928 - in reply to #950748)
Subject: RE: Garmin Livescope

I just went 100% Garmin after being thoroughly disappointed in Lowrance's LiveSight.

If you have concerns about the detachable units, then go with the EchoMap Plus instead of the Ultra. For me, it was an easy decision to go with the Ultra so I can take my units off overnight very easily. The primary, reason, though, was how simple it is to put two units at my console and move one to the bow when fishing up front. Instead of buying three units, I could purchase two premium ones, buy an extra cradle for $60 and have the same setup. When trolling I'll keep the two at the console, when casting and in front I can move one to the bow.

As for the LiveScope, the LVS32 transducer is awesome. It actually is not that tough to mount on a Terrova (instructions: http://static.garmin.com/pumac/Panoptix_Livescope_Install_EN.pdf). It was previously mounted on a MotorGuide Xi5 for me. Now, though, I've gone to the Garmin Force.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)