Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lac seul

Message Subject: Lac seul
bobbie
Posted 12/4/2019 6:25 PM (#950595)
Subject: Lac seul

Headed to outpost lodge , all help welcome

Edited by bobbie 12/5/2019 3:03 PM
3lksmusky
Posted 12/6/2019 6:29 PM (#950683 - in reply to #950595)
Subject: RE: Lac seul

Is there another name for the camp you are heading to ? I have been to Chamberlain narrows, and on 1 houseboat trip just north of Chamberlain narrows on Pine island.
bobbie
Posted 12/8/2019 11:32 AM (#950741 - in reply to #950683)

3lksmusky - 12/6/2019 6:29 PM

Is there another name for the camp you are heading to ? I have been to( Chamberlain narrows), and on 1 houseboat trip just north of Chamberlain narrows on Pine island.

Lac Seul Outpost
3lksmusky
Posted 12/9/2019 12:03 PM (#950767 - in reply to #950595)

First of all I am definitely jealous, it appears you are staying in the Chamberlain Narrows. If you are bringing your own boat, try and follow an experienced Lac Seul boater out to camp from Deception Bay. Walleyes can be easily caught from the pier with jigs and twisters, my partner caught a 34 in. walleye off the buoy at the south end of Chamberlain narrows, on a jig and twister. My trips there have been in September, and October, so bugs were not an issue, but talking to others that have been there in the summer they may be a inconvenience. You are in Prime musky water right from the beach. When I stayed there the pier could not fit all the boats, so we needed to beach our boats at night, and 10 years later I am still vacuuming sand from my boat, just a heads up. We fished Wapesi bay and found it very interesting and loaded with structure, pay attention going into it alot of rock reefs. There are some monster muskys in there, and alot of walleye. Fire tiger was a good color for us there. Bobbie baits, waxwing, and large bucktails worked great. I had a couple conversations with Rick Krueger from guides choice in Eagle River about Lac Seul and he was a great help. (he has been there many times) I left there Oct 10th this year and caught a nice ski right off the small rock outcropping at the south end of the narrows on a fire tiger Grandma. It is a special lake, have a great trip.
Musky Brian
Posted 12/10/2019 9:32 AM (#950789 - in reply to #950767)
Subject: Re: Lac seul

I only went once, and it was a short trip in tough September transition conditions. If you have experience fishing Wisconsin Flowages/Rivers, I would suggest looking at spots like that. Timber/cabbage/grass combinations had some big fish, and fortunately we were able to hook up with a couple. There aren’t near as many reefs as you’d find in LOTW/Eagle, but you have to check those out too. Neat place, but certainly not easy. I’d love to go back if I had the time I used to have
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)