Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MN Muskies still need help

Message Subject: MN Muskies still need help
T3clay
Posted 4/23/2018 12:27 PM (#904612)
Subject: MN Muskies still need help

Date: Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 9:44 PM
Subject: Muskie Alert. Act Now!

A friend of mine just had a conversation with Senator Ingebrigtsen. The Senator stated very strongly that he plans to push hard and fast for this anti-muskie legislation and that he's going for it with everything he's got. He also stated that he thinks he should do a statewide moratorium on muskie stocking, not just Ottertail County. He has made similar statements in the Capitol recently about amending his bill to make it statewide.

He might be starting with Ottertail County, but he wants to destroy the muskie program across all of Minnesota!

During that conversation he ignored lists of local businesses and Ottertail County resident who oppose this legislation, claiming he's only hearing from people outside Minnesota!

This issue is all about a personal vendetta for Ingebrigtsen, and he doesn't care that the only support he has is based on lies and intimidation.

The Republican controlled Legislature decided to fight the Democrat Governor by putting ALL of the omnibus bills, from all of the different committees, onto one massive piece of legislation that will probably be 1,000 pages long. This is an attempt to force the Governor to sign everything all at once, or be forced to veto ALL legislation for the entire year! Every Legislator will have bills in the mix, so a veto by the governor would be very unpopular. It's amazing how terribly corrupt and crooked our system of government really is.

As Chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Finance Committee, Ingebrigtsen plans to force his bill through that committee tomorrow, and push for a Senate floor vote as soon as Tuesday! He will then try to force the Conference Committee between the House and Senate as soon as possible. He has an influential seat on that committee and will stop at nothing to get the House to include his anti-muskie language.

We have to stop the House companion language from moving. The time to act is NOW! There's no time to wait.

Bud Nornes wrote the House bill. Now we need him to remove it, or make sure it is not included in the Omnibus bill or added during the conference committee.

Leaving it sit there as it is is not good enough!

He needs to know that his constituents don't want his bill, and neither does the rest of Minnesota!

Bud Nornes (08A, R)
471 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-296-4946
Email: [email protected]

Also, while it is not his bill, House Rep Jim Nash will have the power to stop Nornes's anti-muskie legislation.

If you live in his district, contact him right now!

His area encompasses Watertown, New Germany, Waconia, Norwood Young America, Carver, and surrounding areas nearly to Belle Plaine.

Jim Nash (47A, R)
557 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-296-4282
Email: [email protected]

After you've contacted Nornes, make sure you contact all of your own Legislators and tell them to not vote for any of the anti-muskie Legislation.
https://www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/districtfinder

Not contacting these Legislators is equal to supporting Ingebrigtsen in his attempts to destroy muskie fishing!
DO IT NOW!!!
jvlast15
Posted 4/23/2018 1:03 PM (#904623 - in reply to #904612)
Subject: Re: MN Muskies still need help

I have not heard much on this site about what is going on since the initially freak out. Thanks for keeping us updated. I would have thought we won based on the lack of info on here lately. Guess I thought wrong.
MOJOcandy101
Posted 4/23/2018 1:34 PM (#904627 - in reply to #904612)

Here is a list of all the senators that post their email accounts, and you can copy/paste into your gmail account. There are still many you have to use their "mail form".

[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected],
[email protected]
Kirby Budrow
Posted 4/23/2018 1:58 PM (#904631 - in reply to #904627)

Sometimes they do ask where you live. Inge asked me when I emailed him. So definitely email the ones in your area as well as the main people on the bill. Put your address in the email to the ones that represent your district. They take it more seriously.
North of 8
Posted 4/23/2018 3:45 PM (#904641 - in reply to #904612)

Not a Minnesota resident but have you folks tried enlisting the support of prominent outdoors writers, like from the twin city newspaper? I know Paul Smith, the outdoor writer for the Journal Sentinel in Milwaukee has been outspoken in print about some of the things the Walker administration has proposed and gotten readers fired up. No substitute for contacting elected officials, but it may spread the word to a wider audience.
Propster
Posted 4/23/2018 3:50 PM (#904643 - in reply to #904612)

We are trying to enlist the help of Travis Frank to try to get some TV time on one or both of Ron Schara's shows Due North Outdoors and Minnesota Bound. I am also appealing to Dennis Anderson, outdoor writer for the Star Tribune and part time muskie enthusiast, to do a column. All of which may be late but will try. If nothing else it may sway public opinion in the future on this subject (privatization of public waters).
North of 8
Posted 4/23/2018 5:17 PM (#904661 - in reply to #904643)

Propster - 4/23/2018 3:50 PM

We are trying to enlist the help of Travis Frank to try to get some TV time on one or both of Ron Schara's shows Due North Outdoors and Minnesota Bound. I am also appealing to Dennis Anderson, outdoor writer for the Star Tribune and part time muskie enthusiast, to do a column. All of which may be late but will try. If nothing else it may sway public opinion in the future on this subject (privatization of public waters).

And that would be the best approach, not pro-musky, but don't let certain groups decide how our public lakes will be used. That will impact everyone who uses public water including non-fishermen.
Lundbob
Posted 4/24/2018 9:45 AM (#904758 - in reply to #904612)

It's all such a good ole boy network. I emailed my senator and he said i tend to stay out of the business of other reps business and just want them to stay out of the business in my area. That's basically saying i am voting yes because i am friends with that guy and he will vote yes on my bills.
Cfollow
Posted 4/24/2018 9:45 AM (#904759 - in reply to #904661)

If you haven't seen the current language in the bill you are in for a surprise. The lowlights are a 5-year moratorium on stocking OTC lakes, taking $100,000 form the Legacy Fund to do a survey (NO study anymore just a survey), and no mechanism for being able to restart muskie stocking in OTC ever again. It reads like it was written by an angry 7 year old.
The MMPA facebook page has a copy of the legislation if you care to ruin your morning and raise your blood pressure.
Kirby Budrow
Posted 4/24/2018 10:01 AM (#904760 - in reply to #904759)

From MN Muskie Alliance FB Page:

Contact Rep Bud Nornes ASAP and tell him to pull his language in the house now.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/sendmail/mailtomember.aspx…

Contact Rep Mary Franson as well, it’s not her bill but it involves her district. She doesn’t want it and neither do her constituents.

http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/sendmail/mailtomember.aspx…

Below you will find all of the current anti-Muskie Language being pushed by Senator Ingebrigtsen.
You will see he has changed it, and also separated parts of it in order to create confusion and get at least part of it through.
There is the 5 year stocking moratorium. And the "Stakeholder Group" that he is attempting to predetermine the people on the group, and set it up in his favor.
The third piece is now under the appropriations section.
This is the part that used to be a "study". It is now a $100,000 survey, which he intends to use as a popularity contest. Make no mistake, this is still part of his anti-Muskie campaign! He is hiding from facts and science, and trying to turn it into a social issue.
Make sure to tell all of our supporters, and all of your Legislators that this 3rd piece is still there, and is part of Ingebrigtsen's overall plan to destroy Muskie fishing across Minnesota!

Subject: Current Senate muskie language

Current Senate muskie language below:
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php…

Lines 75.7 – 75.20
Sec. 103. MORATORIUM ON MUSKELLUNGE STOCKING IN OTTER TAIL
COUNTY.
(a) Until August 1, 2023, the commissioner of natural resources must not stock
muskellunge in waters wholly located in Otter Tail County. Any savings realized as a result
must be used for walleye stocking.
(b) The commissioner of natural resources must convene a stakeholder group to examine
the effect of muskellunge on the environment, waters, and native fish of Otter Tail County.
The stakeholder group must include an Otter Tail County commissioner, a representative
of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce, and a representative of an Otter Tail County lake
association. The stakeholder group must examine existing scientific research and must
determine whether additional research is necessary. If the stakeholder group determines
that muskellunge do not pose a threat to the environment, waters, or native fish of Otter
Tail County, the stakeholder group may recommend that the legislature repeal or adjust the
moratorium imposed under paragraph (a).

Lines 4.27 – 5.11
(c) $100,000 the second year is from the
heritage enhancement account in the game and
fish fund for a grant to the Board of Regents
of the University of Minnesota to conduct a
statewide survey and analysis of Minnesotans'
attitude toward fish stocking. The survey must
include a representative sample of
Minnesotans from all regions of the state and
must examine Minnesotans' attitudes toward
the stocking of each fish species that is or has