Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Finally

Message Subject: Finally
esoxnimrod
Posted 2/15/2018 12:17 AM (#892476)
Subject: Finally

After a very long hiatus from attending or being a part of Muskies Inc,, I was able to attend my first meeting in years. The FRV meeting featuring Steve Worrall was excellent. Good to be around muskie nuts again, including the heckler...
Steve, I have to commend your talk. It was a great visual to a post about what happens to color and muskie vision etc, from several weeks back. Really connected the dots. The audio portion was interesting as well.
I completely agree with your comment about fishermen being stuck in their own way. They may hear something new to try, but almost always migrate back to what their comfort zone is which is normally doing what they have always done. I know a lot of bass fishermen that are stuck in this mode.
Bottom line, it was great to be back and I am looking forward to being a member with FRV.
ToddM
Posted 2/15/2018 6:56 AM (#892482 - in reply to #892476)
Subject: Re: Finally

I am glad you enjoyed the seminar. I really enjoy seminars that make you think differently about what it is you are trying to do. Funny, you mentioned the heckler. Tony and I have known each other since we were 4. You could walk straight out my driveway into his. The worse thing that could have happened would be to ask him to stop. Steve has a part 2 to this presentation. We have to have him back.
Sidejack
Posted 2/15/2018 7:42 AM (#892490 - in reply to #892482)

A heckler?.. Yikes!
Hopefully it was friendly heckling of encouragement.
ToddM
Posted 2/15/2018 5:35 PM (#892563 - in reply to #892476)

Tony heckles me mostly when i go up and introduce the speaker, when he comes to an occasional meeting. I talk about his mom. He self medicates but only heckled Steve once.:-)
sworrall
Posted 2/15/2018 5:49 PM (#892569 - in reply to #892476)

He did it well, too. Thanks for inviting me down, I had a blast.
ToddC
Posted 2/16/2018 7:53 AM (#892615 - in reply to #892476)

It was a great talk! Steve confirmed beliefs that I had and also got me scratching my head a little and thinking in some different ways. I think many times we complicate things way too much. Looking forward to the second portion of this talk. Heck, I would love to hear your thoughts on locating and catching those big crappie too. Thanks again for coming down and sharing your research.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)