Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Look at those teeth, he could eat corn through a tennis racket.
- (Added by: MuskyHopeful)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Custom lure painting

Message Subject: Custom lure painting
Iwrush
Posted 9/2/2017 11:03 AM (#876376)
Subject: Custom lure painting

I was curious if anyone would like to do some custom painting for me. I have 2 8" hellhounds that are in need of a big makeover. First off can it be done? I was reading on some posts that different coatings have an effect on the action of the bait? I do not want the action to be altered (obviously) but just kind of want a new "custom" job done by some fellow muskie guys. I have attached a link to what the baits look like feel free to pm me if interested. Thanks a ton guys and tight lines!

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/Iwrush/media/IMG_3009_zpsk6lttoaa...
esox911
Posted 9/3/2017 8:42 PM (#876476 - in reply to #876376)
Subject: Re: Custom lure painting

You just need the spray on topcoating--not the thicker epoxy brush on type that is on so many wood lures... Some will tell you that you can use the thicker epoxy---But if it doesn't alter the way the lure was designed--then why didn't the original manufacturer use it !!! I can give you a contact to a guy who does amazing work--on his own baits--But also on Repaints--- I HAVE NO IDEA how busy he may be and if he could even do it for you---but--- Facebook--- Big eye baits Musky Lures --- really does a nice job and has done some repaints for me.
supertrollr
Posted 9/3/2017 8:52 PM (#876477 - in reply to #876376)

i think like esox.thick epoxy is no good at some lures,lures that i call open water lure like wiley,depthraider really don't do well when they have too many layers of epoxy.it don't care whit deep diver like perchbait,bwb etc
rougarou
Posted 9/5/2017 9:18 AM (#876616 - in reply to #876376)

i have hellhounds and puppies repainted then epoxey does not effect action and the main reason they do not epoxey is it is expensive and time consuming to epoxey right it is a 2 day job at least and spray coating is 30 seconds i do agree it is not good on depthraiders but the new ones are junk and the finish won't last a day IMO

Edited by rougarou 9/5/2017 9:19 AM
supertrollr
Posted 9/5/2017 11:42 AM (#876645 - in reply to #876376)

the bb depth raiders action still as good as the pre roi,but i have seen a batch of perch so badly painted that i would not get them even for free.china quality at his best
Iwrush
Posted 9/5/2017 3:27 PM (#876673 - in reply to #876376)

Very interesting. All the talk has me interested in "maybe" grabbing an airbrush and trying my hand at it. Any suggestions from you guys? Tips? Recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)