Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Oil in bottom of Ranger 620 draining thru plug hole?

Reply New post
Message Subject: Oil in bottom of Ranger 620 draining thru plug hole?
MuskyMidget
Posted 5/15/2017 8:05 PM (#861767)
Subject: Oil in bottom of Ranger 620 draining thru plug hole?

Hey Guys,

I was just out in the garage and noticed a decent sized pool of oil under the boat. I checked both the motors and neither are leaking. I realized it's coming out of the drain hole.

I never had an issue last year and only had the boat out once so far this year. Was stored in heated storage all winter so I doubt anything cracked.

Is it possible (or how could) my oil reservoir be leaking into the bottom of the boat?

I overfilled before I went out a couple weeks ago and had a little spil out the top. So I'm hoping it had something to do with that.

Anyone else had this happen and how to solve it?

Thanks
Kgonefishin
Posted 5/16/2017 8:27 AM (#861813 - in reply to #861767)
Subject: Re: Oil in bottom of Ranger 620 draining thru plug hole?

My oil tank leaked on me, had to replace it, my boat was only 2 years old at the time. Dealer had one and swamped it out pretty quickly.
25homes
Posted 5/20/2017 12:15 PM (#862241 - in reply to #861767)
Subject: Re: Oil in bottom of Ranger 620 draining thru plug hole?

check the oil container cap as well..my motor will wiggle mine loose alot and get oil spilling out and draining...got a new Lid and havent seen issue since
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)