Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Endless search for 60"

Message Subject: Endless search for 60"
Brad P
Posted 12/15/2016 2:04 PM (#843160 - in reply to #843151)
Subject: Re: Endless search for 60"

I guess I should rephrase my question a bit. I've done well on numbers the past few falls. I've started to get into some nice size, but to be honest, I've likely hit the peak size for the water I fish regularly. So I'm starting to get an itch to try for something bigger. ie 50# class fish. I've gotten to a point where I'm willing to give up the numbers to focus on a true trophy class specimen.

The journey and chase of such a fish is what really interests me more than anything else. The chase is why I love this sport. So for me, this is just something new to chase with different rules, harsher odds, but bigger rewards.

I appreciate all the concern for my catch rate though. My sanity really appreciates it.

Edited by Brad P 12/15/2016 2:05 PM
25homes
Posted 12/15/2016 2:06 PM (#843161 - in reply to #843160)

Brad P - 12/15/2016 2:04 PM

I guess I should rephrase my question a bit. I've done well on numbers the past few falls. I've started to get into some nice size, but to be honest, I've likely hit the peak size for the water I fish regularly. So I'm starting to get an itch to try for something bigger. ie 50# class fish. I've gotten to a point where I'm willing to give up the numbers to focus on a true trophy class specimen.

The journey and chase of such a fish is what really interests me more than anything else. The chase is why I love this sport. So for me, this is just something new to chase with different rules, harsher odds, but bigger rewards.

I appreciate all the concern for my catch rate though. My sanity really appreciates it.

what water bodys do you feel you have conquered as far as big fish?

pturk
Posted 12/15/2016 9:08 PM (#843204 - in reply to #843161)

Are these stats representative of what's out there?

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/cnr_images.asp?view=lstats

Could be a censored sample since not all submit to the contest . . . ???

Musky Brian
Posted 12/15/2016 10:16 PM (#843212 - in reply to #843151)

tomcat - 12/15/2016 1:08 PM

So, does everyone just discount the claim made by Rich Clark of his 60" ? not stirring the pot. i remember reading about it 5 years or so ago.

I'm certainly not....
Jerry Newman
Posted 12/17/2016 9:47 AM (#843352 - in reply to #843212)

I'm not discounting Rich Clark's clients magnificent fish either but I would still like to see pictures of a genuine 60” on a bump board someday.

Maybe I'm just being overly cynical, but after getting slapped around with the record BS and seeing some obvious fakes get paraded around online and in the press… that's just my mindset anymore.

One thing when you're talking about a genuine 60” is that a lot depends on who is measuring, and how it's been measured. In my view other than a bona fide muskie fisherman using a bump board, you can almost always discount the length claim to some degree on released fish because they're just not equipped to measure them accurately.

Although I don't think this fish was 60”, I've always found this picture to be intriguing... the extended cab pickup truck look.

Edited by Jerry Newman 12/17/2016 9:50 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(unknown .jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments unknown .jpg (186KB - 418 downloads)
Trophyhunter1958
Posted 12/17/2016 7:44 PM (#843410 - in reply to #838269)

There's been a few 60"+ caught over the last several years , The ones that i know of the gentlemen that caught them do not want the attention . Be prepared to spend hour upon hour searching on any body of water. Lot's of fish being claimed to be 55+ but like was previously stated it depends on the person measuring , if it's not on a hard bumpboard ,,,,,,well it's " nice fish "

Edited by Trophyhunter1958 12/17/2016 7:45 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)