Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Beginning musky fishermen

Message Subject: Beginning musky fishermen
25homes
Posted 10/11/2016 11:46 AM (#832984 - in reply to #818753)
Subject: Re: Beginning musky fishermen

whynot - 5/31/2016 4:02 PM

Hook cutters (think fish attached to you - don't have to be fancy just something that'll cut a musky hook), long pliers, big net to keep the fish in the water while unhooking, hook file (learn to love it, sticky sharp hooks result in more fish hitting the net), camera to document your catches, 80 pound braid, 135# or greater leaders, and lures.

Best advice given so far though is to join your local Muskies Inc chapter, or find someone near you who will take you fishing that has all the things I just listed and who can shorten your learning curve.

Where can you buy these cutters I want a good pair very important and the hook file didnt think of that thank you I appreciate
25homes
Posted 10/11/2016 11:49 AM (#832986 - in reply to #818667)
Subject: Re: Beginning musky fishermen

Great thread guys cant believe how helpful everyone is. This is how a forum should work been member to many different forums and very impressed here. I am also just getting started and have learned bunch just from this thread. hook file never thought of that..great idea but man you guys are right getting tackle reels rods lures so expensive. Ive got a btr reel on way just gotta get nice rod and few more lures so I am getting there any other mandatory things I need...have cutters and long needle nose plyers big net and leaders what else guys and do you guys advertise your used stuff here anywhere?
Thanks for all help great appreciated guys want to learn everything I can
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)