Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Anyone else miss the days before 10's and dawgs?

Message Subject: Anyone else miss the days before 10's and dawgs?
North of 8
Posted 6/24/2016 9:27 AM (#821692 - in reply to #821687)
Subject: Re: Anyone else miss the days before 10's and dawgs?

Sled, I don't fish for smallies but I can understand why they would be fun on topwater. Last summer I was fishing a Klack buzz bait over a thick weed bed and what had to be at least a four pound smallie rocketed out of the water on one side of the lure, went 2 feet or more in the air, did a 180 and landed on the other side, never touching the lure. I couldn't help but laugh, it was so fun to see. There was a family fishing for panfish in a nearby boat and one of the kids had seen the fish and shouted out, "that was cool!". Couldn't have agreed more.
Jeremy
Posted 6/24/2016 10:59 AM (#821702 - in reply to #821692)

North of 8 - 6/24/2016 9:27 AM

Sled, I don't fish for smallies but I can understand why they would be fun on topwater. Last summer I was fishing a Klack buzz bait over a thick weed bed and what had to be at least a four pound smallie rocketed out of the water on one side of the lure, went 2 feet or more in the air, did a 180 and landed on the other side, never touching the lure. I couldn't help but laugh, it was so fun to see. There was a family fishing for panfish in a nearby boat and one of the kids had seen the fish and shouted out, "that was cool!". Couldn't have agreed more.

You should try them on a fly rod. They're the "fightingest" fish ever and my very favorite...
zombietrolling
Posted 6/24/2016 7:21 PM (#821734 - in reply to #811769)

All smallmouth think they are the biggest fish in the lake.
happy hooker
Posted 6/25/2016 2:52 PM (#821780 - in reply to #811769)

I miss the days when gun shows wern't all glock and AR 15 related.

Edited by happy hooker 6/25/2016 2:54 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)