Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: The best time to fish is whenever you can be on the water.
- (Added by: Got Esox?)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> lumber jacks

Message Subject: lumber jacks
FISHFINDER101
Posted 5/5/2015 9:43 AM (#767818)
Subject: lumber jacks

I'm thinking about calling these lumber jacks since I'll mainly be banging this off timber. Did very well on this last year but the ones I was using didn't hold up to the abuse. So I had jd splasher build me some wire forms more suitable for the job. The perch head is jds and the other is one I bought someplace else. Looking forward to seeing how these work and if everything goes well I have 4 other patterns that will make the rotation. The nice thing about jds is the heavy wire and hook is all the way to the bottom of the skirt. Should get a great hook up with out a trailer hook

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(rps20150505_092759.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(rps20150505_092859_708.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments rps20150505_092759.jpg (13KB - 231 downloads)
Attachments rps20150505_092859_708.jpg (17KB - 259 downloads)
jdsplasher
Posted 5/5/2015 10:41 PM (#767885 - in reply to #767818)
Subject: RE: lumber jacks

E; Some wild color skirts:).

Did you rig a swimmerhead also?     Let me know how they work.

JD

FISHFINDER101
Posted 5/6/2015 2:32 AM (#767897 - in reply to #767818)
Subject: Re: lumber jacks

Not yet, this is the only style I've made so far. I'll be putting a few others forms together hopefully this week though. Which ones are the swimmer heads again? I know which ones are the bullet style, are you taking about the triangles or the other ones that have a keel shape?. I'm sorry I didn't reach you on the creature baits yet also, my brother just brought having some made up and I told him I know just the guy except I forgot to call him when I was supposed too. Thanks again jd and I will be getting in touch with you, hopefully it's sooner than later.
jdsplasher
Posted 5/6/2015 6:59 AM (#767904 - in reply to #767897)

Yep, the triangular head is the swimmer. This head was not intended to be a good head in weeds, but to swim over weeds, and rocks, particularly night fishing, and slow rolling, as it will add a nice profile at night being the wider head.

No problem on the creatures.  I might be able to fit in a run for you in May for creatures, but most of my pouring is during the winter and early spring  months. I may have to give you some from my private stock:)!

JD

Edited by jdsplasher 5/6/2015 7:03 AM
FISHFINDER101
Posted 5/7/2015 1:43 AM (#768005 - in reply to #767818)

That would be great jd. I'll be fishing the spring classic and have a few spots I want to try them out. I'm not the best at fishing with them but I have my brother in the boat with me this year and I know he can fish them well. Plus there's something about just catching fish on some good ol basement baits!
FISHFINDER101
Posted 5/7/2015 1:46 AM (#768006 - in reply to #767818)

What kind/size of blades do you like to run on your swimmers? I was thinking something that spins real easy for slow rolling like a fluted Indiana or fluted willow
jdsplasher
Posted 5/7/2015 5:11 PM (#768092 - in reply to #768006)

First, I'd go with a fluted willow if you want a 6#or 7single blade for slow rolling. You can try the Indiana. I had one with a single # 8 Colorado that wanted to run sideways:(. 

I really like a tandem combo on the swimmers! seemed that head ran the best with dbl blades.

JD

I gave one to Steve with a #7 Colorado and a #10 blade, thing ran awesome. Not sure of his results. You could slow roll that puppy...looked like it was standing still:) W/ the blades rotating.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)