Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.
- (Added by: Snowcrest 6)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> Best Airbrush Paint for Musky Lures

Message Subject: Best Airbrush Paint for Musky Lures
kingfish724
Posted 5/1/2015 2:18 PM (#767514)
Subject: Best Airbrush Paint for Musky Lures

Hi Everyone,

Im new to the forum. Im sure this topic has been debated a million times, but "What is the BEST paint for airbrushing Musky baits"?

I have been using createx for awhile. I have alot of coverage issues where it take sometimes 5 coats to get the solid color im looking for. I paint alot of silver, gold, Black, Pearl White, and the Neons/Flourescents. Metallics/Pearls are also in my arsonel. With that said I also primer the baits white before I start any colors.

I dont thin any of my paints either. I have Bagder Patriot 150 and it will spray opaque white that is not thinned with out issue exept the occasional tip dry.

Can anyone help me with this? I would like to get to the point of maximum 2 paint coats for any solid or metallic color. Is this even realistic? Do I have the wrong brand of paint or im i just hopeful its still out there. LOL

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
muskie tamer
Posted 5/1/2015 3:08 PM (#767516 - in reply to #767514)
Subject: Re: Best Airbrush Paint for Musky Lures

Try wicked colors they tend to cover a little bit better than the standard createx. Or you may have to try solvent based paint.
Trophyseeker50
Posted 5/1/2015 8:05 PM (#767540 - in reply to #767514)

I use all solvent based paints. Yes they are smell and you need a venting system but they dry fast and are easier to spray, clean , and reduce. I buy my paints in 1/2 pint to quart sizes from an auto paint supply and have thousands of colors at my disposal.
kingfish724
Posted 5/1/2015 9:59 PM (#767552 - in reply to #767514)

Thanks guys! I'll look into picking up a couple bottles of wicked colors for now to try them out. For the solvent based paint I would need to set up a vent. I paint in my garage and have a decent set up that is enclosed on all sides but the front but doesn't have the vent cut in yet. What would I need by the way of a vent? I could build it myself and pipe it outside but what powers your system and what do you use for the piping outside? Thanks Again!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)