Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> MN Muskie Expo Do you have a shopping list?

Message Subject: MN Muskie Expo Do you have a shopping list?
Cloud7
Posted 4/6/2015 11:19 AM (#763602 - in reply to #761459)
Subject: Re: MN Muskie Expo Do you have a shopping list?

I really dig the sublte blaze belly to those Livid Fish!
ErockEsox
Posted 4/8/2015 12:42 PM (#764033 - in reply to #761459)

Anyone know if Dadson will have a booth here this year? I can't seem to find a list of vendors anywhere.
happy hooker
Posted 4/9/2015 10:50 PM (#764282 - in reply to #764033)

Was at Concordia all day helping set up,,,saw the svartzonkers!!! The swim baits look incredible never seen a soft plastic with that deep a color and the plastic is so flexible.
Show is packed with booths most ever. Dress in something cool gonna take a while to complete that first lap.
Angler II
Posted 4/10/2015 8:44 AM (#764296 - in reply to #764282)

happy hooker - 4/9/2015 10:50 PM

Was at Concordia all day helping set up,,,saw the svartzonkers!!! The swim baits look incredible never seen a soft plastic with that deep a color and the plastic is so flexible.
Show is packed with booths most ever. Dress in something cool gonna take a while to complete that first lap.

I really think this show could be moved to another facility. The weekends are so darn busy its basically shoulder to shoulder near every booth.

Any one else feel the same way?
dami0101
Posted 4/10/2015 10:14 AM (#764317 - in reply to #764296)

Angler II - 4/10/2015 8:44 AM

I really think this show could be moved to another facility. The weekends are so darn busy its basically shoulder to shoulder near every booth.

This is only my third time going, but each year I've thought it should be at a larger location.
NathanH
Posted 4/10/2015 10:26 AM (#764318 - in reply to #764317)

dami0101 - 4/10/2015 10:14 AM

Angler II - 4/10/2015 8:44 AM

This is only my third time going, but each year I've thought it should be at a larger location.

I don't like the sounds of that at all. I hate when things are really crowded. I'm going Friday right away do my shopping then, Stay off the floor and do seminars.

Edited by NathanH 4/10/2015 10:27 AM
Jeremy
Posted 4/10/2015 11:57 AM (#764334 - in reply to #761459)
Subject: RE: MN Muskie Expo Do you have a shopping list?

My first time attending this year. Leaving in an hour. I'm tooled up already (really!) and don't have the wants...not yet. I'm pretty weak-willed tho.

I'll drop off a couple reels to Richard. Hope the crowds aren't too bad!
Here's hoping.

Jeremy.
tretsven6
Posted 4/10/2015 12:25 PM (#764336 - in reply to #761459)

This is my first time going as well, will be there today and maybe Sunday morning. I will be wearing a grey minnesota wild hat, grey sweatshirt and black pants. If you see me there feel free to introduce yourself, I promise I'm a nice guy!

Nate
Jeremy
Posted 4/10/2015 12:30 PM (#764339 - in reply to #764336)

tretsven6 - 4/10/2015 12:25 PM

This is my first time going as well, will be there today and maybe Sunday morning. I will be wearing a grey minnesota wild hat, grey sweatshirt and black pants. If you see me there feel free to introduce yourself, I promise I'm a nice guy!

Nate

Nate, I used to work w/a Wes Tretsven at the arsenal H'well...any relation? He used to fish ski's....

I did tool design work for him.

Jeremy G.
tretsven6
Posted 4/10/2015 12:56 PM (#764341 - in reply to #761459)

That sounds like my grandpa! You probably knew my grandma Esther as well
Musky Face
Posted 4/10/2015 8:24 PM (#764411 - in reply to #761459)

Was there today and got sum good deals, but deal of the day was reeds booth had buy 1 get 1 free musky mayham products. Thats unheard of in the musky world ecspecialy for such a big name in musky fishing. Got 8 supermodels for 112$ what a deal. That made me happy for the day.
Jeremy
Posted 4/10/2015 10:19 PM (#764433 - in reply to #764341)

tretsven6 - 4/10/2015 12:56 PM

That sounds like my grandpa! You probably knew my grandma Esther as well

Nope, just Wes through work.

Anyway I found the Expo very rewarding to visit. Lot's names to visit as well as varied products. A highlight for me was meeting Mike Suick as we'd talked very recently. Good guy!

Many, many products. I did well on leaving with just one bait, a top-water similar to a Cisco Kid and well as a pack of Gamkatsu hooks. I could've spent lots, just really didn't need to.

Another highlight was meeting the rascal that staffed the Muskie First booth. And his bride. We're lucky!!

Enough sucking up for now...

Jeremy.
happy hooker
Posted 4/11/2015 12:35 AM (#764442 - in reply to #764433)

After first day I know I'd like to buy stock in supernatural,,,,I can't even begin to make a guess how many he sold??? When the doors opened at 2 it was a rush to his booth and stayed that way until about 6 pm..he's well supplied for the rest of show though.
Buying crowd lots of bags and rods in people's arms.
Looking forward to Sat, people just seem more pumped this year.
FAT-SKI
Posted 4/11/2015 8:09 AM (#764453 - in reply to #761459)

I loved the show as always. put a good dent in my list but did not cover the whole thing. that said, a lot of the "show" colors were just left overs from last year. Which was somewhat of a let down. But i still got the things in the colors that I really wanted, including the big ticket item I really wanted in the 12" headlock
happy hooker
Posted 4/11/2015 11:40 PM (#764524 - in reply to #764453)

I thought musky face was drunk when he said cowgirls were buy 1 gett 1 free on day one,,but went there this mourning and there they were,, cowgirls supermodels,JR"s,baby's all in good colors,,Then saw Bulldawgs in pounders,double tail magnums and dbl tails pounders also buy one get one.
Then monster medusas in packages in excellent colors buy one get one free.
Name brand raingear 50% off.
Suicks,topwaters all lures were-BOGO.
I loaded up on big fish blade and big fish rubber and it did not hurt on the cash.
Unbelievable prices on name brand tackle,,,poor girl working the cash register couldn't even eat her lunch she had to take bites of pizza between sales with all the guys lined up.

Edited by happy hooker 4/11/2015 11:57 PM
Musky Face
Posted 4/12/2015 8:14 PM (#764600 - in reply to #764524)

happy hooker - 4/11/2015 11:40 PM

I thought musky face was drunk when he said cowgirls were buy 1 gett 1 free on day one,,but went there this mourning and there they were,, cowgirls supermodels,JR"s,baby's all in good colors,,Then saw Bulldawgs in pounders,double tail magnums and dbl tails pounders also buy one get one.
Then monster medusas in packages in excellent colors buy one get one free.
Name brand raingear 50% off.
Suicks,topwaters all lures were-BOGO.
I loaded up on big fish blade and big fish rubber and it did not hurt on the cash.
Unbelievable prices on name brand tackle,,,poor girl working the cash register couldn't even eat her lunch she had to take bites of pizza between sales with all the guys lined up.

Lmao I wouldn't lie to ya about such a thing. Glad you scored with some goodies.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)