Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Shallow Dusa VS Regular

Message Subject: Shallow Dusa VS Regular
ManitouDan
Posted 10/20/2014 11:16 AM (#735762)
Subject: Shallow Dusa VS Regular

saw where the weight difference is a mere 0.5 OZ -- before I order does the shallow model actually hang up higher in the water column VS the Regular model ? I looked forward to a shallow model for a long time to fish streams in the winter where a slow retrieve and hang time is desired .
PredLuR
Posted 10/20/2014 11:34 AM (#735764 - in reply to #735762)
Subject: RE: Shallow Dusa VS Regular

Haven't seen the sink rate for the regular but a buddy was throwing a shallow version and it appeared to drop pretty quick. It definitely didn't have the hang rate or anything that you would think, and hope, a shallow model would. Dropped nose first pretty fast. Weight would prob need to be centered more.
Brad P
Posted 10/20/2014 1:06 PM (#735787 - in reply to #735762)
Subject: Re: Shallow Dusa VS Regular

I am going to have to completely disagree with the previous poster. I've been throwing a shallow "pounder" sized Dusa this fall and it stays very high in the water column, typically fishing in the top 1-2' and that is with a pull pause retrieve. The big issue I've seen with the bait is that it has to be worked slowly, too fast and it spins. However, the tails pulse nicely with such a retreive and I do not have issues with it sinking too fast. Perfect cadence for fall temps, IMO.
Masqui-ninja
Posted 10/20/2014 1:55 PM (#735796 - in reply to #735787)

I found the Shallow Monster Medusa to have a very slow fall as well. Almost painfully so. I had no problem fishing mine over rock high spots that top out at a mere 3'-4'. The appendages are pretty much motionless on the fall but come alive when you pull it. Mine has not gotten it's due time but seems like a good option for going over shallower weeds, rocks etc.
ManitouDan
Posted 10/20/2014 2:56 PM (#735807 - in reply to #735762)

Dont think the monster size would be good for the streams I fish , ( maybe who knows) thanks for the comments , would like to hear more opinions on the regular size shallow model.
Potomac
Posted 10/20/2014 4:30 PM (#735818 - in reply to #735762)

Seems like the regular shallow versions roll over more often. Don't really like them
danmuskyman
Posted 10/20/2014 6:00 PM (#735826 - in reply to #735762)

The regular size shallow sinks like a rock, twice as fast as a shallow dawg
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)