Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Zero compression in one cylinder

Reply New post
Message Subject: Zero compression in one cylinder
BNelson
Posted 8/22/2017 9:33 AM (#875171 - in reply to #873889)
Subject: Re: Zero compression in one cylinder

repowering or putting on a new powerhead to me comes down to a couple things... how long are you planning on keeping the boat? if it's a good fiberglass rig and you think you might keep it 5 or 10 yrs or more, repower... if you are thinking of selling in a few yrs I'd opt for a rebuild as if you repower and go to sell in a few yrs, you're going to eat 75% of the cost of adding that motor or more... if you rebuild and sell in a few yrs, you're going to lose less... but any way you slice it you're losing...lol
Suzis are good... but nothing is bulletproof, my 2008 175 blew at year 7.5.. 650 hrs or so...(1.5 yrs past warranty)... now some will say yah but he runs it hard...Ok well, for comparison, a buddy repowered his 620 with a 225 Suzi ... he babies his motor, it blew 2 yrs in...(under warranty fortunately) ..so ....they all can blow...I did repower with a 2016 suzi and it is a great motor...so far... hope she doesn't blow! 6 yr warranty .. the new G2s I think are now coming with 7... just another one to think about.

Edited by BNelson 8/22/2017 9:46 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)