Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> A Good Net Man Will...

Message Subject: A Good Net Man Will...
Mike D
Posted 2/7/2015 6:28 PM (#752451 - in reply to #741166)
Subject: Re: A Good Net Man Will...

Doesn't go into a figure 8 and try to catch the fish you're working the 8 on...

I've heard its been done in our club. I told the guy he will never fish in my boat.

Edited by Mike D 2/7/2015 6:38 PM
Jerry Newman
Posted 2/8/2015 9:32 AM (#752517 - in reply to #752451)
Subject: Re: A Good Net Man Will...

Mike D - 2/7/2015 6:28 PM Doesn't go into a figure 8 and try to catch the fish you're working the 8 on... I've heard its been done in our club. I told the guy he will never fish in my boat.

Actually that's a pretty good way to get somebody who is less experienced a fish, provided of course you don't mind giving one up here and there.  

I used to have my wife and others quickly start a figure eight on the same side of the boat when I got a fish up, then, I would turn the follow in that direction if it was still there and smoothly lift the lure out of the water. It actually worked better than you would think, and was a freaking riot afterward because everyone kind of shared in the catch.

I've accomplished a fish transfer like this several times with people who were less experienced like my wife, and even with other experienced anglers who were willing to reciprocate.  It wasn't often… but we even tried to hand off fish with three in the boat on Lake of the Woods back in the day (Danny Gibbons, Fred Cairo, and me). We could get fish to follow the second lure, but never managed to get a full lap (or catch one) on the third lure… but it was fun trying.  

Maybe something for guides to consider adding to their repertoire

susky musky 32
Posted 2/8/2015 4:24 PM (#752576 - in reply to #741166)
Subject: RE: A Good Net Man Will...

Alotta times when ya have a newer guy in the boat he's all about his lure n what he's doin, but a good thing to do for anyone fishin with a partner is to take a look at ur buddies bait as he brings it close to the boat! Alotta times be it sun or angle or whatever, ur partner will have a better vantage point to ur bait, and it's happened a few times to me that the other guy in the boat actually spotted a fish following before I could! N when u hear that word "FISH" you'll def keep it in the water and run her around a few more times! I just think that part of having someone in the boat to help with that is overlooked more times than not! Not to mention wait as long as possible to get that net in the water, nothin worse then when someone takes a swipe, misses n snags a treble on the outside of the net! Happened to me twice with newer guys and literally drove me insane!! Haha but the stories r usually hilarious!
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)