Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Crestliner Fish Hawk vs Alumacraft Competitor

Reply New post
Message Subject: Crestliner Fish Hawk vs Alumacraft Competitor
muskyfishing89
Posted 11/20/2014 12:06 AM (#740875)
Subject: Crestliner Fish Hawk vs Alumacraft Competitor

Crestliner Fish Hawk vs. Alumacraft Competitor what boat is better and why?
brianT
Posted 11/20/2014 2:42 AM (#740878 - in reply to #740875)
Subject: Re: Crestliner Fish Hawk vs Alumacraft Competitor

I don't think either boat is better than the other. It's honestly like the old Chevy vs Ford debate. Both boats are really nice, IMO can't go wrong with either. I have a Fishhawk and love it. I've also fished out of Competitors and really like them as well. Both are great multi species boats. My only pet peve about my Fishhawk is the rod lockers will not fit 9' rods. The center locker will fit 8' rods if you pop the end caps off and the side will fit 8 1/2' rods. Other than that, no complaints. One deciding factor you should consider is if you fish a lot of big water or not. Some say that riveted boats hold up better in big water because they flex but rivets have been known to leak over time. A welded hull like a Creasliner will not flex much but I only go on a few big water tips a year so for me it's not an issue. If you are looking for new, I would get dealer recommendations then go check them out yourself, ask lots of questions, and decide which one is best for you.
muskyhunter47
Posted 11/20/2014 6:13 AM (#740880 - in reply to #740878)

Like brian said both good boats go look at them sit on them look to see witch one fits your fishing style better. Can't go wrong with either Boat you pick . If your looking for a new boat may be you could find a last year boat and save some bucks
Brad P
Posted 11/20/2014 7:45 AM (#740885 - in reply to #740875)

I was comparing the fish hawk to the Alumacraft models (navigator at the time) in 2010 when I made my purchase. There were two big things that put the Fish Hawk over the top for me: The size of the front casting deck vs. the other boats and the design of the Fish Hawk storage. I would suggest sitting in both of them at the shows and deciding which will "fish best" for you.
bucknuts
Posted 11/20/2014 9:33 AM (#740894 - in reply to #740875)
Subject: RE: Crestliner Fish Hawk vs Alumacraft Competitor

I chose the Fish Hawk, because of the big front deck.
Musky Face
Posted 11/23/2014 2:12 PM (#741321 - in reply to #740875)

There is nothing small about the front deck on the Alumacraft. I have a 2011 navigator 175 and wouldn't trade it for a different aluminum boat. Love my navigator. Both good aluminum boats, like said above go check them both out and get s real feel of them both.
Jim Stroede
Posted 11/30/2014 6:28 PM (#742192 - in reply to #740875)

Alumacraft has come a long way in recent years, building some nice boats. I nearly bought a 175 Navigator tiller this summer, but decided to stick with fiberglass and bought a Ranger.
sworrall
Posted 11/30/2014 6:43 PM (#742200 - in reply to #740875)

There is no 'better', too subjective and both companies build a solid boat.

Wrong question for MuskieFIRST, next time let's make it 'which do you prefer and why do you like your brand?'
Wood_Duck
Posted 11/30/2014 6:46 PM (#742202 - in reply to #742200)

Hard choice, for something like that I prefer the riveted boats like Lund or Alumacraft. I can't tell you much on crestliner but the Alumacraft boats are built with considerable quality and will last a very long time. It is more a matter of which layout will better suit you.
tolle141
Posted 12/1/2014 7:17 PM (#742326 - in reply to #740875)

Both are great rigs from great companies. I went fishhawk (1850 DC) for a few reasons:
1. Love the layout. That front casting platform is massive
2. It had a 135 Honda
3. The owner took excellent care of it
4. I prefer welded hulls
5. It just looks great in the water

I have no problem sliding 9 foot rods in the side locker. Was actually going to get a 1750, but the 1850 appeared at the right price.
Grass
Posted 12/2/2014 12:32 PM (#742418 - in reply to #740875)

If you are comparing Alumacraft to the Fishhawk, I think you should look at the Navigator, not the competitor. The Navigator and the Fishhawk have very similar layouts. I like both boats, but choose the Fishhawk because there were alot more of them on the used market.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)