Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Guide/charter recommendations Naples FL?

Message Subject: Guide/charter recommendations Naples FL?
JLR
Posted 11/24/2014 12:07 PM (#741469)
Subject: Guide/charter recommendations Naples FL?

Hi,
Looking for some guide recommendations for Naples area this month.

Thanks,

John
PeonPETA
Posted 11/24/2014 1:26 PM (#741493 - in reply to #741469)
Subject: Re: Guide/charter recommendations Naples FL?

What do you want to fish for and what do you want to spend? How many people?
Inshore: SFP Fishing Outfitters. Jon Sebold is a good guy has a good team and will take you to the 10k Islands area and find backcountry fish (tarpon, reds, snook, trout). Depends on tide and what boat he uses that day but normally he trailers South to Chokoloskee and starts from there. You fish in the middle of nowhere and its a blast. Captain Andrew Bostick is another one I have fished with and would recommend if you can hire him. That guy is usually booked solid year-round we got in on a last minute cancellation. Tarpon should still be around in good numbers in the backcountry for a few weeks yet, although some never leave and you can have action most times of the year down there.
Offshore: prices vary with what you want to do and how long of a trip you want. You can find charters out of city dock/tin city area for 1200-1500 a "full" day. Slow boat ride (save them fuel) and bottom fishing usually. Linebreaker charters is out of Isle of Capri south of Naples 10 min. Brian Urlacher's boat that is chartered when he is not in town. $2000 for the day plus tip but the boat is incredible and they aren't worried about burning fuel to get to a spot. There are a ton of options to look at, watch the extended forecast if you go offshore and take dramamine even if you think you don't need it. Too much $ spent and too much fun to be sick all day out there. Good luck
PBenson
Posted 11/24/2014 5:07 PM (#741522 - in reply to #741469)

I went with a Linebreaker Charters and it was one of the best fishing days of my life. Non stop action. I asked the guy if he could put me on a shark, and at the end of the day he tossed out a bloody mackerel. Within literally 20 seconds a healthy 80lb spinner shark was on! Unreal.
lookin4_big_gurls
Posted 11/25/2014 6:26 PM (#741686 - in reply to #741522)

Check out Ben Olsen...Fishing Hardcore. I do not know if he's back down there yet.
detroithardcore
Posted 11/25/2014 10:51 PM (#741708 - in reply to #741469)

Captain Jon Sebold and Captain Todd Hadley of SFP Fishing Outfitters. I fish with these guys 5 times a year and never disappointed. Always giant Tarpon and never anyone around! There's a lot to say for 25 years of guiding these waters. SFP guides 300 days a year and always dialed in. Great guys who you'll have a blast with on the water. Hook up with SFP and they won't disappoint. Local knowledge is everything and these guys know where the fish are at all times. Two of the best fisherman and guides I've ever been around, hands down.
edalz
Posted 11/26/2014 1:20 AM (#741712 - in reply to #741469)

http://www.bahamajoescharters.com

Edited by edalz 1/4/2015 1:35 AM
detroithardcore
Posted 11/26/2014 9:28 AM (#741733 - in reply to #741469)

And when I say 5 times a year....I mean 5 trips a year so 20-30 days a year down there with SFP and I've hooked, fought and landed Tarpon everytime. Also caught big Snook, Sharks, Redfish and soon Permit. Those are pretty good odds!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)