Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Lake of The Woods - Canada

Message Subject: Lake of The Woods - Canada
colinj8899
Posted 11/21/2014 1:15 AM (#741033)
Subject: Lake of The Woods - Canada

I am planning a stay next summer in Canada at Lake of The Woods. It will be my first trip there and am confused on where to start. I have looked a lot online but I am not finding much for tent camping. I am hoping someone out there still prefers camping with a tent and has some good suggestions on where to stay at. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do any of the Islands there offer camping or is most of it mainland?
NickD
Posted 11/21/2014 7:48 AM (#741042 - in reply to #741033)
Subject: Re: Lake of The Woods - Canada

I'm pretty sure Spruce Island Resort offers camping(Island). They are located about dead center in the middle of the lake. Buena Vista and Red Wing near Morson offer camping (Mainland). I think Jake's at the NW Angle also offers camping (Mainland). The Sanctuary Resort in Whitefish Bay also has a campsite for rent(Island). Good way to save a few bucks on a trip.

Or you can be really adventurous and camp on an island anywhere outside of Whitefish Bay. Just need to get a permit from the MNR. I think it's around $20 per person each day.
Asandir
Posted 11/21/2014 7:49 AM (#741043 - in reply to #741033)
Subject: RE: Lake of The Woods - Canada

I stay at Mylie's Place Sabaskong Bay.

Justin is great for helping with info and steering you in the right direction.

There is a lot of very fishy water close to the resort and can get out with most winds.

Just have to get in can call to reserve a camping spot early as the resort is full all year. They have showers, power and power on the docks.

If you want anymore info send me a PM and I will help best I can.

Paul
Musky Brian
Posted 11/21/2014 10:04 AM (#741063 - in reply to #741043)
Subject: RE: Lake of The Woods - Canada

I saw campsites on Spruce Island. Great location being dead center in the middle of the lake. You would have to boat in from either the NW Angle or Morson.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)