Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Insulated coveralls question

Message Subject: Insulated coveralls question
brianT
Posted 10/23/2014 10:28 PM (#736438)
Subject: Insulated coveralls question

I'm looking for input on insulated coveralls that keep you warm in cold weather. Not looking to break the bank. Doesn't have to be waterproof as I plan on using my Frabill rain suit as an outer shell if the weather gets wet. Considering a set of Carharts or Dickies but just figured I seek some more info first.
pklingen
Posted 10/24/2014 6:12 AM (#736454 - in reply to #736438)
Subject: Re: Insulated coveralls question

i go with the hollowfill nylon type if your putting it under rain type gear. more freedom of movement with the nylon and an insulation layer under. if you decide to take the rain gear off the nylon doubles as a wind blocker. carharts and dickies are great to work in but too stiff for my liking for moving around casting in the boat.
Brad P
Posted 10/24/2014 8:06 AM (#736465 - in reply to #736454)

My opinion on this:

Get a great pair of long underwear. Hard to beat the UA Cold Gear. From there get a few layers to build on top of it. I typically am just wearing a pair of sweatpants between my FXE Bibs and the long underwear and that has seved me well to 20 degrees. In both cases these pieces of clothing are designed for athletic pursuits, thus the range of motion is superior.
Cloud7
Posted 10/24/2014 8:48 AM (#736474 - in reply to #736438)

I second the "great pair of long underwear (Under Armour Cold Gear) notion, I have cold gear compression pants and long sleeves and I wear them anytime the temp dips below 50 degrees. I pair those under my Under Armour waterproof fishing bibs and I'm good until the weather gets really cold.
I also have a pair of insulated Carharts that I'll regularily wear in cold conditions and they do me great! I'll be wearing them this weekend on the water and I'll sport them during ice fishing on days where it's not melty/slushy.
That all being said it's just a matter of time until splurge on a good insulated+waterproof set of bibs (Frabil/Simms/Columbia)
southern comfort
Posted 10/27/2014 6:35 AM (#736980 - in reply to #736438)

Wool pants. They are warm, resist wind and light moisture and you don't need long underwear unless it really gets cold. You can find military surplus wool pants at just about any Fleet Farm or surplus store very cheap. You would not need insulated raingear.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)