Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Buy , Sell, and Trade -> Looking for St Croix Classic Cat (trolling rod)

Message Subject: Looking for St Croix Classic Cat (trolling rod)
H2O Mellon
Posted 1/8/2015 1:18 AM (#747185)
Subject: Looking for St Croix Classic Cat (trolling rod)

I've had 3 or 4 of these rods in the past when I fished for cats however I've heard the muskie guys really liked them for trolling. Does anyone have one or two of these rods they are no longer using and wanting to sell? I think they stopped being made around 10 years ago.
fatdad
Posted 1/8/2015 8:48 AM (#747205 - in reply to #747185)
Subject: Re: Looking for St Croix Classic Cat (trolling rod)

Good luck, I've been looking for a pair for 5 years ... There not worth what people want for them.. You can have a pair of customs made
Travis A.
Posted 1/8/2015 11:02 AM (#747236 - in reply to #747185)

I got an 8' H and a 7'6" MH year before last. The 7'6" went to my cousin and the 8' is my #1 cat rod. Sorry not for sale. Shoulda kept the 7'6" also cause he lent it out and smashed the guides. But just buy the St. Croix Premier Glass 8'. It's the same rod except black and has a newer style fore grip. You're probably not going to find a classic cat. The only reason I got them was because I searched the catfish forums hardcore and found a dead thread with 2 sold and messaged the guy outta nowhere asking by chance if the deal fell through, and it did. So no one else asked/offered cause they thought they were already sold, so I ended up getting them. People do want ridiculous prices for them. I would pay more than what they sold for back in the day, if they were in great condition, but I would never pay more than what the current Premier Glass (with warranty) are going for. This was the early 2000's when they were out and there wasn't much else out there for high end cat rods. Now there are a lot of great cat rods for way cheaper and most serious cat guys are going with those. There just isn't a market for a $200 cat rod cause most guys don't want to pay that much. I do have the Premier Glass rod for my musky trolling setup and it is the same rod. If you get the opportunity to get a classic cat for cheap, grab it up, it will work great for trolling. But otherwise I would steer you towards a cheaper musky trolling rod.....that way anyone on here who has a classic cat can sell it to me :). I gotta have that actual Blue Mojo while I'm catfishing!!
H2O Mellon
Posted 1/8/2015 12:45 PM (#747264 - in reply to #747185)

I actually found a rod years ago that I liked better than a Classic Cat, it was a rod by Fenwick called Sea Hawk. I think they were a $125 or so. It's a fiberglass rod and an absolute great cat (boat) rod as well as a musky trolling rod however 7'6 was the longest they made it in. I have two of them. I really wish they made that rod in 8, if so I wouldn't even ask about the Classic Cats.

I kick myself in the butt for getting rid of my Classic Cat rods though.

Edited by H2O Mellon 1/8/2015 12:46 PM
beerforthemuskygods
Posted 1/8/2015 7:34 PM (#747347 - in reply to #747185)

I have a classic cat spincaster if you are interested.

Edited by beerforthemuskygods 1/8/2015 7:36 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)