Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> I pilot not connecting on Terrova

Reply New post
Message Subject: I pilot not connecting on Terrova
Muskie Junkie
Posted 10/18/2014 12:31 PM (#735516)
Subject: I pilot not connecting on Terrova

Hope someone can help. Last week my I pilot was working and then stopped. I thought the battery was bad and I just replaced it. Every time I hit one of the buttons , it comes on briefly and then shuts off regardless of which button I hit. This is less than 5 months old and I have only used it a dozen times. Anyone have any suggestions?
anzomcik
Posted 10/18/2014 12:43 PM (#735517 - in reply to #735516)
Subject: Re: I pilot not connecting on Terrova

This may be a long shot, Unplug your motor, then open the side panels on the base of your terrova (two phillip head screws on each side) then remove the plastic center piece that has the battery indicator meter on it (push in the plastic button tabs, no screws).

Under that cover is a circuit board, you should see two pig tails. one is plugged in to a another wire (that runs to the top of the trolling motor shaft where the ipilot sits, more or less an extension cord) the other should have a yellow plug on it to keep dirt out. Unplug the extension cord from the one plug and plug it in to the one with the yellow plug.

Make sure your motor is clear from hitting anything, plug it in and Give it a try.

My terrove did the same thing and this fixed it, minnkota has two inputs for the board, why I don't know, but it fixed mine.
CASTING55
Posted 10/20/2014 11:00 AM (#735760 - in reply to #735517)

anglers edge used to have someone trained to work on them if you can`t get it figured out
anzomcik
Posted 10/21/2014 1:06 PM (#735951 - in reply to #735516)

Any updates?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)