Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Recon boats Iola Wis.

Reply New post
Message Subject: Recon boats Iola Wis.
big gun
Posted 10/23/2014 11:09 AM (#736305)
Subject: Recon boats Iola Wis.

Looking for some reliable information on the 985. I am looking at a used one for sale, but want to make sure I make a well informed decision. Anyone willing to discuss objectively what they like on this boat.
7.3 dave
Posted 10/25/2014 11:39 AM (#736668 - in reply to #736305)
Subject: Re: Recon boats Iola Wis.

I don't think there is anything about these boats that you wont like, great storage, big livewells, very stable ride and very comfortable to fish out of.
muskycop
Posted 10/26/2014 8:48 AM (#736739 - in reply to #736305)
Subject: RE: Recon boats Iola Wis.

These are true fishing machines with unmatched rod storage,ride and comfort. I have the 985 dual console and have had nothing but a positive experience with it. In my opinion you will not find another boat on the market with these options in this price range. John at Recon makes a great product and will customize the boat to your liking!. Shoot me a pm with any detailed or specific questions,
curleytail
Posted 10/27/2014 12:37 PM (#737066 - in reply to #736305)
Subject: Re: Recon boats Iola Wis.

They look like nice boats. Never seen one in person but the layout looks nice. I like the back deck with "sides" kind of like some of the Rangers have. Looks like it would be easy to run a trolling motor from the back. Front deck and rod locker looks great too.

Unfortunately I probably won't own one, but just because of what I'm in the market for. I with the 785 was just a little longer to get it to around 17'6", and the 985 is bigger than what works for me at this time. Also no tiller is offered, though I asked about that and the reply was that a tiller was being considered.

They look like a great value!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)