Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> First time to Pewaukee

Message Subject: First time to Pewaukee
bstein
Posted 9/29/2014 1:52 PM (#732408)
Subject: First time to Pewaukee

Just looking for any info anyone is willing to share about Pewaukee. I've never fished it and am heading there this weekend with a friend to give it a try. Is trolling a real option this time of year or should I leave the trolling stuff home? Are water temps cool enough to be dragging some suckers? Are natural color baits better or do they like the bright stuff? I do have a lake map and have a few spots that look good to start with but I'm just looking to shorten the learning curve

Thanks in advance!!
jdsplasher
Posted 9/29/2014 10:55 PM (#732513 - in reply to #732408)
Subject: RE: First time to Pewaukee

Trolling is an option from the opener, to ice up. Both weeds and and open water are holding fish.Musky are everywhere and active. You should move fish!
JD
Guiding Pewaukee Muskie
Sunshine
Posted 9/30/2014 6:03 AM (#732520 - in reply to #732513)
Subject: Re: First time to Pewaukee

Yup, what JD said. Everything from suckers to cowgirls was working. It's a big lake to learn in one day, stick to the west side your first time out. Weed edges have been best for me. But who knows what will happen with this cold front.
vegas492
Posted 9/30/2014 12:20 PM (#732603 - in reply to #732408)
Subject: Re: First time to Pewaukee

Trolling could get messy with the floating weeds out there right now. Big mats of them. Probably got pushed to the west end with the front that hit last night.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)