Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> upgrading the interior of my old Tuffy

Reply New post
Message Subject: upgrading the interior of my old Tuffy
Nomadmusky
Posted 10/1/2014 8:18 PM (#732881)
Subject: upgrading the interior of my old Tuffy

Guys,

I have a 1990 Tuffy Bass'n Marauder, an Esox with front and back casting platforms and single side console bench.

It's a great boat and I've been able to start doing some more fishing again this year.

I'd like/need to update the console and the floor close to the console. The console is very wobbly, (I realize that every time I stand up after driving I grab it like a hand rail to pull myself up--that's been happening for the 24 years of it's life.). I've been able to grind off the old bolts with a dremmel tool and put in new ones, but the wood and fiberglass has had some rotting so the bolts and washers don't hold as tight as I'd like. The floor under the console is also gettting spongy and probably would be a good idea to replace it. Finally the bench that the seats are bolted to also have gone bad and I rebuilt that box reusing the foam and going to Menards to recarpet it, then attached new seats.

Anybody have any ideas on who does a good job replacing the floor and console? Heck maybe even change the floor plan a little bit, make the rod locker bigger, add a small tool compartment between the seats etc...? Is there anyone out there who professionally redoes interiors of boats?

Thanks,

Nomad

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0626 (640x480) (500x375).jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IMG_0636 (500x375).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0626 (640x480) (500x375).jpg (158KB - 213 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0636 (500x375).jpg (56KB - 185 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)