Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Favorite Rod Holders and why?

Message Subject: Favorite Rod Holders and why?
Masqui-ninja
Posted 9/28/2014 8:43 AM (#732185 - in reply to #732183)
Subject: Re: Favorite Rod Holders and why?

Folbe for me.
bryantukkah
Posted 9/28/2014 3:32 PM (#732244 - in reply to #732120)

jano - 9/27/2014 5:14 PM

downeast,because they are not made out of plastic and they can handle big lure,they will never fail at you even when its minus 80

Minus 80 huh? I only cast when its below minus 60.
Jerry Newman
Posted 10/1/2014 5:18 PM (#732848 - in reply to #731879)

bryantukkah - 9/25/2014 11:50 PM Cisco systems dipsy cradle holders with the chicken rings. All machined aluminum and stainless. Nothing to break or wear out. The rod can never come out of the rod holder... Ever. They rotate 360 degrees and have a mandible arm on them to tilt up and down super fast and wherever you want them to be. i through bolted them to my transom with 5/8" stainless hardware... you couldnt break, pull, or move them if you paid me to. Theyre really slick looking too, and they make a quick release mount for them, pull up on the knob and they slide right out with no loose parts to lose. Not the cheapest by any stretch but neither are the rods im using or the line, leader and baits theyre pulling. Ive seen down easters buckle and pop open and rods go in the drink before, especially if theyre angled down and backwards like i like to have them. Im not going to let it happen to me, especially when I'm hours away from home in the middle of nowhere on a week long trip where I'm all but expecting to hook into 40+lb fish.

Although I'm happy with my DEs, this Cisco holder looks solid and a great option for you guys who don't like DEs, or plastic. 

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)